• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 dodge d100 brake booster help

doesoe39

Reaction score
How's it going guys I just recently picked up a 1979 d100 that needs a break booster. Everywhere I have gone or called they either told me the part is discontinued or out of stock. It is the 4 bolt master cylinder booster. Is there some alternative boosters that work without modification out of something else? I am not concerned if it is a 2 bolt master I have to swap in if it will work.

Thank you

If you can find a good 2 bolt put it in. I personally have never seen a 4 bolt in any half ton 79 and up. It may have been the last of the 4 bolt from 78 that was still on the assembly line? I'm fairly sure that the lines have the same size/thread fittings.

My 75 Power Wagon uses a 2 bolt master cylinder. Oddly, the brake lines are reversed on it too. The front reservoir feeds the front brakes which is backwards compared to cars.

Thank you for your responses, I wound up figuring out O'Reillys had the 4 bolt one and ordered that

Back