• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1978 D150 440

Reno Stallion

Reaction score
I am new to this forum I have a 1978 D150 440 SE 1/2 ton short bed fleet side 2wheel drive. Sorry I have no pics down loaded at this time. I just had all of the body work done and it's ready for paint. Zero rust and no hit truck. I have some questions.How many of this exact model were made? The worst part of the truck is the dash pad it has detreated on the left front corner. Where can I get it fixed or buy a new one? Who is the best supplier for rubber and other parts. I would love to see some pics of this model if any of you have them. Mine is Blue two tone. Blue with a darker satin blue. But I think I'm going to replace satin blue with white.

Welcome to the site. If your truck has the BD8 in the Vin, you have a very rare truck. Only 74 440 powered D150's were built in 78. No idea how many are left. Probably less than 20. I have seen about 6 of them. One conventional cab short box like yours, 2 or 3 conventional cab long box trucks and the two I owned at one time. One got used up and scrapped, One got restored and I sold it a couple years ago. Both of mine were Club Cab Short Box SE trucks. The first 3 pics are my old truck that got used up. the rest of them are the truck I restored then sold. Also the book showing the number of trucks built in 78. Good luck with yours.

100_2657.JPG

100_2659.JPG

100_2646.JPG

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

SCAN0168.JPG

Back