• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 W100/W200 Power W. Build

G.Wilson

Reaction score
Just starting this project. I will probably be asking for a lot of knowledge. Thanks to everyone here at FTO.

Look forward to seeing this project come to life. What are your plans for it when you are done?

1463330488218-1774693220.jpg
KIMG0075.jpg
1463330488218-1774693220.jpg
KIMG0075.jpg
KIMG0072.jpg
KIMG0074.jpg
KIMG0073.jpg
picked up donor truck today. Drive it home now starting to pull motors.

Getting confused. Which is the donor and what is the build?
If putting a diesel in a gas truck be careful with rear end gears.

I'm glad to see you decided to do a build thread ! And it's a diesel swap to boot ! You've got a follower here ! ;)

Sorry 7mopar about the confusion. I had my son posting pics and info. I am building a 74.. The 94 is the truck I'm getting the cummins from. It belonged to a buddy that had it for a parts truck. Engine has 170,000. All original. Never been jacked with. I give 1500.00 for it. Drove it home yesterday morning. Engine seemed very strong.

Even though I know this swap has been done before , this is one swap that I personally haven't done . So when you get to the point of fitting the Cummings in , If you could show stuff like mounts and such , that would be greatly appreciated .

By the way , that rolling frame and suspension looks killer ! :cool: What did you use for your lift ? I think you said you were going 8" , Is it all in the suspension or is some of it going to be in the body ?

It's all springs. Skyjack 8". I thought I was going to add some body lift, but now looking at it I've got enough clearance.

I'm gonna need a pair of 1st.gen cummins motor mounts. The ones that bolt to the block. I've got the ones to the frame. So if someone out there in FTO Has a pair for sale I'm interested. Haven't had any luck here local.

I'll keep my eye's open for a set G .

Has anyone used the body panel parts such as fender, bedsides, etc. from LMC. And if so, how are they at fitting properly?

Back