• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1957ish Dodge Truck

BlueZ28

Reaction score
My dad bought a farm in southern Missouri and an old Dodge truck is sitting next to the house. I believe it is a 57 but have no way to tell, I just compared it to pictures on the internet.

Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/vreBH

It's old and rusty but it just doesn't seem right to take it to the scrap yard. Is it worth anything? If so, does anyone know where I should go about advertising it?

look at what they are asking for those grill pieces on ebay. theres several hundred dollars right there. One year body style on gill, hood, and emblems i have seen on 56's as well but still rare. any good door latching parts are a bonus as these are normally worn out. If you don;t mind taking your time lots of interior stuff will sell. Such as wiper set up heater. Finally if you happen to have the factory overhead radio which was an option thats name your price territory. Good luck with it. 72*birdman

Any idea as to the condition of frame or cab floor. Have seen trucks in lots worse shape put back on the road.

The framr doesn't look too bad underneath where the bed used to be...I am assuming the bed in these were wood.

Not sure about the floor boards. I'll have to check next time I'm down there.

If I don't want to part it out what would be a good asking price? I realize price is based on condition so just kind of looking for a starting point.

We are mainly just looking to get it out of the way.

It's tuff to even give a rough estimate without more info. Is there a motor and tranny in the truck? any pictures of the interior would help. Long bed or short bed? Is it complete? how much rust? again more pictures.

Tried to post this once, not sure if my internet messed up or what so if there is two posts...my bad.

I got some more pictures. http://imgur.com/a/k3qyW

There is a motor, tranny and rear end.
Pictures of the interior are included although there is a bunch of crap in the cab so couldn't get very good pictures.
I think it is a short bed but not sure. It doesn't see any longer than a modern short bed.
The doors open and shut like they should.
I'm guessing the interior is mostly complete, just can't get good pictures.

Looks like you have a '57. This has quite a bit of one-year-only parts, including the front fenders, hood, grille and (IIRC) the doors. The rear fenders, tailgate and bed are used over many years.

Back