• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1949 Dodge Rat Rod Truck

hi bear did you get snow last weekend .I got nothing in new Hampshire :cigar:
Yup ! We got about 10" . The only issue I had was because it came on the weekend , I had every plow jockey and there brother out there too . I definitely miss my old job .

that's a problem .just get a bigger truck and push them right out of the way and carry a bigger gun just in case

My Ramcharger handles more then it's fair share , believe me . And don't think that I haven't thought about doing just that . But it is kind of comical driving down the road and seeing all the damage they cause . You wouldn't believe how many mail boxes and such I seen knocked down from them . The only problem is that they give us guy's that actually have a clue a bad rap . As far as the gun part ? The local boys don't like the one I carry know ! :rolleyes: So how big can I go without mounting a turret on the roof ? lol

383 connecting rods ? Are those the bumper brackets or are they the bumper it's self ? Now I'm curious . :rolleyes:

The bumper itself. I am going to mount them on a piece of 1/4" plate but I have already nastily welded them together like I want them and they have been outside rusting for months. I will get a pic of two shortly.

You know me so well . I can't resist a good build . :D

Opinions vary. Lots of people on the A bodies site disagree with my building techniques. Probably why I'm not going back. I guess they've always had the good fortune to buy nothing but the newest and most up to date stuff. Every build I've ever done has had to be a budget build, or I wasn't able to do it. I've even had to scale back on a few budget builds, especially the few I am doing now. We've never had a lot of money so I do what I have to to stay in the hobby.

The bumper itself. I am going to mount them on a piece of 1/4" plate but I have already nastily welded them together like I want them and they have been outside rusting for months. I will get a pic of two shortly.
Pictures would be great ! I got a see this bumper of yours ! :D

Opinions vary. Lots of people on the A bodies site disagree with my building techniques. Probably why I'm not going back. I guess they've always had the good fortune to buy nothing but the newest and most up to date stuff. Every build I've ever done has had to be a budget build, or I wasn't able to do it. I've even had to scale back on a few budget builds, especially the few I am doing now. We've never had a lot of money so I do what I have to to stay in the hobby.
Don't worry about those guy's over there . I've ruffled more then a few feathers myself on that site . As far as I'm concerned , your more then welcome here . There's a reason why I didn't post a whole lot on there even before I sold my Dart . As far as I'm concerned , your doing great so far . Your building it your way ! That's what counts ! It's not going to be some cookie cutter truck , It's going to be "yours" . And believe me I know what it's like trying to do a build with little to no extra cash on hand . I'm doing that myself as we speak . So keep up the good work and please keep posting . I want to see this truck done ! :D ..... On a side note . There's a sign that I had made for a shop that I used to work for and I've been meaning to make one to hang up in my garage here . I think you'd get a kick out of it . It simply say's " We do the best we can with the shit we have to work with" .

That's a good one. I ran out of daylight today to get a good picture of the bumper but I will post one tomorrow.

That bumper sound great for it Rusty, looking forward to the pics. Yes I agree on the a body site with the guys that just go and buy one. Where is the fun with that!

That bumper sound great for it Rusty, looking forward to the pics. Yes I agree on the a body site with the guys that just go and buy one. Where is the fun with that!
Yah know ? I think that's one of the reasons why I like this site . It's not what you can buy but it's what you build . and if you look there's some talented people on here to boot . There's also something for pretty much everyone whether your into 4x4's , rat rods , all stock , street machines , or just plain go fast hot rod trucks . That and the people is probably the reason why I've been around here for so long . Keep it up guy's ! :cool:

I buy old stuff to make my car better, can't afford new. One of the cars I used to see a lot had "powered by old junk" on the sides of his hood scoop. Always loved that.

Here is my bumper. Hope yall like it. When it's done, it will be mounted to a piece of similarly shaped 1/4 plate to help facilitate using the stock bumper brackets to mount it. The picture on the right was taken right after I welded it together. It was real hard for me as a formerly certified welder to make the welds nasty, but I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and did it. LMAO

The picture on the left is after sitting for months outside.

BUMPER 2.jpg

BUMPER.jpg

Back