• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1939 International D-2 half-ton pu,original unrestored ND truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Reaction score
Contact seller
lfront.jpg lrear.jpg rrear.jpg enginet.jpg

I brought this truck back from ND several months ago and have since done what I needed to do to make it a safe and semi-reliable driver. The brakes are new right down to the hoses and brake lines. The emergency brake cables are even new (180 bucks) thanks to someone in the past cutting the cables. The ebrake isn't hooked up now because the equalizer bars were missing,but I do have a pair located and am waiting for the guy to pull them and send them to me.

I also replaced the water pump with a new one,replaced the hoses,belt,plug wires,plugs,ignition switch,headlight switch,thermostat,tail and brake lights,headlight bults,and a BUNCH of wiring. Everything works now except the wiper,and I've never even tried it.

The engine smokes,but since it had been sitting for years it might stop once it is driven a few hundred miles. It does clear up once it reaches normal operating temps,and then it stops missing and pulls strong. I have driven it down the highway at 50-55 MPH (the speedo doesn't work) with no problems . The truck literally rides and drives like it was new. No wandering at all,no looseness,and no vibrations. Given it has two sets of springs on the rear I was shocked at how well it rides.

This is the original engine block,and the serial numbers on it match the serial numbers on the chassis and the title. The head is a later model off of a IHC Green Diamond engine,though.

It holds 20 psi oil pressure at idle.

The engine does leak oil like a sieve,and the valved do need to be adjusted,though. Other than the valve clicking there is no noises from the engine. I was planning on adjusting the valves when I replaced the gaskets for the valve covers,the timing seal,and the base pan,but now the truck is for sale. My intention was to own and enjoy driving the truck for a while,but winter is coming and I need a new furnace and septic tank for my workshop more than I need the truck.

The rear seal on the 3-speed transmission needs to be replaced,too. The transmission really grinds in 1st gear when it's cold,but seems to be less noisy after the truck is driven.

The doors need windows. The original door glasses were cracked when I bought it,and they shook themselves to pieces on the way home. The windshield and rear glasses are nothing to brag about either,but they are usable as is. The windshield cranks in and out just fine,and it even has the optional dash-mounted fan. This is the only one I have ever seen that operated off engine vacuum.

The really good news is that even though this old "survivor" truck has a few dings and even a couple of "dangs" on it,there is no rust out at all that I can find. Just surface rust.

The truck comes with a bunch of spare parts,including extra doors,what is supposed to be (surface rust) NOS gas tank,2 sets of NOS floor boards that bolt in,radiator,beat up nose piece,and some other parts I can't remember right now. I even have a rebuilt original 2 piece IHC radio for it.

It is currently licensed and titled in my name with a clear NC title in my name. Bring $6,000 in cash,load all the spare parts in the bed,and drive it up on your trailer.

I will take flathead or pre 1961 OHV Mopar speed parts in partial trade.

Will also take 33 Plymouth coupe sheet metal or chassis parts,and 1942 Dodge coupe sheet metal and trim parts in trade.

Will also take 33 to early 35 Mopar pickup projects in partial trade. If the body is complete and the chassis is unmolested and rolling,let's talk. If your Mopar is better than that,I have a 34 Ford pu I can throw in to sweeten the deal and get some cash back.

Email any questions.

lfront.jpg

lrear.jpg

rrear.jpg

enginet.jpg

Sorry for the delay answering. I've been in the hospital twice for surgery in the last month,and am just now getting caught up.

Here is the only photo I have of the interior. That's just a JC Whitney universal seat cover over the springs. No padding.

Seat.jpg

Seat.jpg

Yes,it will. The doors close with a click from finger pressure,and it tracks as straight as a arrow running down the road with no wander and no vibrations. It even rides good.

It's not only complete,but it has extra doors,extra floors,extra radiator,and a few other parts. As far as I can remember the only thing missing is 2 of the grille bars.

Thanks,but it's time for me to cull the herd to pay off the loan I took out to put ac,heat,and a bathroom in my workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back