1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

02-05 Ram 1500 HEMI

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram' started by coyote42, May 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. coyote42

coyote42New Member

Hi, I am looking to replace my 99 1500, that has been bulletproof for me the past 17yrs, with something south or west. Have been looking at the 02-05 years as an upgrade to this century, LOL. I am not familiar with these models. What year did the HEMI cylinder cancellation start? Can it be overridden/programmer? Any major concerns to be aware of? Thanks, Kyle

2. 99Ram

99RamWell-Known Member

I think 05 or 06 models was the first yr of the Hemi cylinder cancellation. Are you looking to sell or trade in your 99

3. coyote42

coyote42New Member

I figured I would sell it after I got the next one. It is a 318 reg cab short box with a plow. Might be useful to someone. I don't think you want it in Virginia, its pretty rotted in the body mounts. I patched the frame last fall. If someone has something to trade with this as partial payment I would do it.

4. Daves69

Daves69Member

FWIW, Rust is the main issue on my '05 with 130K on my 5.7 1500. No cylinder cancel on it. After I cleaned out the throttle body of caked on muck, I can get 18-19/gal @ 60 mph best on flat road and not towing the boat. 70 gets me 16-17 best case.

Some seasoned experience and common issues here for your reading pleasure...……..
    3rd Gen Ram Tech - DodgeForum.com

• Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice