• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Just got done putting new stuff on the dart, heater going also!
DSC00981.JPG
DSC00982.JPG
DSC00983.JPG
DSC00984.JPG

Man those valve covers are close hops . You ever think about changing them to give you more clearance ?

Had the stamped steel kept leaking, these are the lowest I can find. 3.30" high, just have to do the blower motor mod to recess it in to the firewall. Booster no prob still have adjustment on it up and down.

It's 35 with a wind chill of about 32 . Looking forward to spring already . lol The wife in in the kitchen cooking the bird , HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody ! :)

Last edited:
Had the stamped steel kept leaking, these are the lowest I can find. 3.30" high, just have to do the blower motor mod to recess it in to the firewall. Booster no prob still have adjustment on it up and down.
Hmm , The only issue's I ever had with the stamped steel valve covers is when I tried using those cheap chrome one's . You know anyone that can weld aluminum ? If you do then you could always have someone flatten out the corners of the ones you have and then that would solve the clearance issue on both sides and you'd also have valve covers that no one else has . Just a thought .

I want to do the mod anyhow, the ones that leaked were the cheap chrome ones, had the original boat ones and no way they would work.
Boat one's ? It's been a while since I worked on a marine big block mopar , At least in it's stock form . So I can't remember how tall the valve covers where . I know with a big block A Body , your limited on room as it is .

We get the rain starting tonight, It is welcome here for sure.
I think that's the same storm coming this way tomorrow and Wed. . Were supposed to get hit pretty good tomorrow afternoon . But at least it's not snow , It just dawned on me this morning that I'm supposed to check out the stops on my plow blade , but I won't have time to check them until this weekend . Figures , It's supposed to be wicked cold by then . :(

CykXrYPXAAAq38w.jpg
Our cold weather is coming, we covered all the crawl space vents and sealed up the shop good and plenty of firewood, fire in shop woodstove and in house stove

Back