• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Good morning everyone . The days of wicked hot days and high humidity took a left turn over here as well . We went to a car show last Saturday and it was 40 degree's when we left that morning . "Boy" , am I glad I hook up the heater core when we were build the Warlock ! It was a good show and worth the trip though , we took this home . :)
IMG_5304.JPG

Nice hood ornament. Looks like we got the first freeze here last night. Crap!
Thanks Hops ! We got down to around 30 degree's here last night ourselves . I got to start getting the Ramcharger ready for winter duty this week . I kind of slacked off this summer because of the high humidity and didn't get anything I had planned done on it . So once again it's the mad dash to make sure it's ready .

Same here between the Hops and the dart fire I am just now working on the truck. Want to put steps on insead of bars, tune up and some little things.

Same here between the Hops and the dart fire I am just now working on the truck. Want to put steps on insead of bars, tune up and some little things.
Besides the basics , tune up tranny service , checking everything out , ect. . I still have to put the front seats back in and I'm pulling the axles out of my parts truck either today or tomorrow and if time permits , go thru them and get them swapped out into the Ramcharger before the end of the month . I'm getting to old for this crap ! lol I "hate" fixing stuff but I "love" building stuff , If you know what I mean ?

Same here. I have a shifting issue that does not make sense to me. Trans is a new rebuilt but sat for years, it is really sluggish like no fluid when it is cold and does not want to downshift into first, bands are adjusted and the kickdown linkage also, dropped the pan to see if there was any debris, found a couple of acorn shells, Freakin chipmunks loved this thin when it sat apart, still the same issue but a bit better. I am lost now kind of thinking it can be the wrong kick down rod? Remember this was apart when I got it and the motor is from a 86 carb and I have the FI on it. Any clues? When it is hot pretty much the same thin, manually works like a champ.

Same here. I have a shifting issue that does not make sense to me. Trans is a new rebuilt but sat for years, it is really sluggish like no fluid when it is cold and does not want to downshift into first, bands are adjusted and the kickdown linkage also, dropped the pan to see if there was any debris, found a couple of acorn shells, Freakin chipmunks loved this thin when it sat apart, still the same issue but a bit better. I am lost now kind of thinking it can be the wrong kick down rod? Remember this was apart when I got it and the motor is from a 86 carb and I have the FI on it. Any clues? When it is hot pretty much the same thin, manually works like a champ.
To me , it sounds like a pressure issue . Did you say you had a kick down "rod" ? If I remember right the Fi's set up's had a cable . That could be some of your problem , but in theory the both should pretty much work the same . Just for chit's and giggle's do me a favor the next time to go to warm it up . Warm it up in neutral instead of park and let me know if it makes a difference . I know what your saying about those chipmunk's . Before when I had my other truck ( Big Red ) , I used to park it in a car tent for the winter because there was no room at that time in the garage . They loved the thing . You wouldn't believe how many acorn's they used to leave in the frame work of my hood . Even years later and after I started parking it in the garage , I would open the hood and hear the clatter of the nuts rolling down in the hood going down to the back edge . It would drive me nut's ( Pardon the pun ) lol .

Well got the last of the parts off the parts truck yesterday . All but the axles . A buddy of mine is coming by to take what's left of it for scrap . He say's he'll just cut the axles off for me back at the yard . I wanted to get the truck to the front edge of my yard to make it easier for him to grab it with his flat bed . So I hook up my tow chains to it and hooked it up to the back of my Ramcharger . But I guess the old truck didn't want to leave the spot it's been sitting for a couple a few years . The rear wheels were locked up solid . After dragging it a few feet , stopping to slam the rear drums with a hammer , dragging it a few more feet and slamming it some more . I finally decided to jump in the Ramcharger and go for it . When those drums finally decided to let go let go it free rolled a few more feet . lol There's now two "big" trench's going across my back yard that I get to fill in sometime today or tomorrow. lol I'll tell yah though , That Ramcharger of mine pulled that thing without a wimper , except for when I ran out of gas going up the hill coming out of my back yard . lol

Figured it out the rod was bent short if that makes sense and the steering coupler is shot. Love rock auto 5.98 for a new kit! Shifts like a champ!

IMG_8100.jpg
IMG_4434.jpg
IMG_7158.jpg
So we made it back from Ky and alot of different weather, from snow in Wy, to hot temps in Kansas City and St Louis, Very high winds driving across Nebraska and Wy. these are some pics we took

IMG_8698.jpg
Just entering the Daniel Boone National Forest where Bobs family lives. Every where we stopped for gas folks came up to Bob and asked about our panel and couldn't believe we were driving from Vancouver to Mount Victory Ky

Back