• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

It's 81 here in sunny southern Minnesota. Last night we got drenched! Started out like someone sprayed the house with a hose, then whoosh, it poured. I could barely see across the street. Went for a ride, cause that's how smart I am, and could hardly see the road especially in the country. First time in ages I haven't felt safe driving. So now it's sunny and I'm going to get some tools so I can finally take this transmission out of my parts truck. Hope everyone is staying dry!
I watch the weather updates for all truck friends and it goes from one extreme to another, now I see some of you are in a heat wave! Stay safe

IMG_6181.jpg
What area are you in?
Cnzpt2IXYAA26rU.jpg

Last edited:
91℉ with a real feel of 108℉! Work is gonna suck tonight, glad I only work tonight and tomorrow this week. I wonder how much water I'll be drinking in these 2 days. I'll be thinking happy thoughts of cold air blowing on everyone.

Well, I survived last night. Plenty of air conditioning and Gatorade. I didn't think it was that bad but one spot it was 123℉, so they rotated folks out. It was a nice dry heat that covered you in sweat. Today the heat index is going to be 1℉ less than yesterday so I won't even notice the heat! But seriously, I have been conditioned since I did my landscaping in the sweltering heat. I still sweat like a pig, but it's not near as uncomfortable as I thought it might be. I don't love it though. I just wish it was cooler so I could work on my fleet!

It's supposed to be around 89 today and low humidity so it won't be so bad working outside . But as of tomorrow it's supposed to shoot back up into the mid 90's and the humidity is supposed to shoot way back up again . That's when it starts to get to me . I'm glad I banged out the lawn yesterday , instead of waiting . It was so hot and humid last week that the guy with the Bee that I'm working on didn't want me to work on it even though I still did want too . :(

I was gonna now the lawn, but at the suggestion of Laura I'm waiting til Saturday. If she don't care... Man am I glad I got a rider (for that big lot in town).:smuggrin:

It was so hot and humid last week that the guy with the Bee that I'm working on didn't want me to work on it even though I still did want too . :(
Hey, gas is cheap, pack am overnight bag and head my way, we'll kick out the Dart and go burn some tires off it! I'll even buy all the beer!:wacky:

Man am I glad I got a rider (for that big lot in town).:smuggrin:
You and me both ! We used to use a push mower for quite a few years and it would take us half the day to mow front and back ( Our back yard alone is about 3/4 acre ) . But about a year and a half ago I scored a deal on a rider and a snow blower , both for a $100 bucks . My wife wouldn't use the blower when I was out plowing , so I sold it for $60 bucks . So the rider is still going and in the long run it cost me $40 . I think it was worth it for sure . I was thinking that one of these days I'm going to throw an ole school hot rod paint job on it . lol

Hey, gas is cheap, pack am overnight bag and head my way, we'll kick out the Dart and go burn some tires off it! I'll even buy all the beer!:wacky:
Oh man , If I could afford the trip , I'd be there in a hart beat ! We'd have you up and smoking in no time ! I live for build's like yours . :D

Oh man , If I could afford the trip , I'd be there in a hart beat ! We'd have you up and smoking in no time ! I live for build's like yours . :D
My old roommate lives for the build. He has a 69 Charger he dropped one of the last 500ci (I think) Crate engines in, aluminum heads, roller rockers, 575hp or something like that. We took a midnight run to the old Koller Dodge in Naperville Illinois to pick it up. When we got to the counter they asked if we were picking up the Hemi, the look he gave me for possibly saving the wrong engine, man it was priceless. Theybwouldnt give us the Hemi for the wedge price so we got what we came for, they gave us some goodie bags and sent us on our way. I was driving and was about to go into the ditch I was so tired and pulled into a rest stop. A minute later he woke up and asked me what the hell we were doing here, said I was falling asleep and we switched seats. Hammered her home and put the engine in a few weeks later, he sure wasn't going to let anything get in the way of him having that engine. He's put some miles on, but not many. Towed it out to Columbus for the Nats and drove it around a bit there. Now he fires it up once in a great while, but hasn't had it on the road for years. Then he picked up a 69 Super Bee that he built from the shell. Took about a year and a half and he drove it some but hasn't had that out for about 2-3 years. Swapped out the original 383 for a warmed over 400 out of our buddies 75 Road Runner, that got the old 440 out of his Charger. The Road Runner hasn't been on the street for 4-5 years. Is love to buy it but our friends dad thinks it's worth 10k, sorry pal. So now my friend has. 79 Lil Red that he's going to drop a 440 in and restore that. Probably the same story will be told, drive some, park in a garage, then move on to something else he gets his hands on. I like building and driving, can't see the point of only building, gotta reap the reward of my labor, but I don't fault him, it's what he likes. And for never helping people, tell him you need help with a vehicle and he will be there to assist, and encourage you to get 're done!

It is already 81 here and humid and the sun is not even up. Been extremely busy lately got the belvedere 100% stripped and am waiting on the insurance check for the dart. Started making new engine bay harnesses. The SE is different than all the schematics including the FSM! Big pia to figure it out. Do have a se harness coming this week to use as a reference. Got the battery to the trunk and prob going to move the vac pump there also. Thinking about running a pipe to the front along the subframe connectors for it. Just been a bit busy to post lately. I did make it to Carlisle last weekend, good time as always meeting members.
IMG_2946.JPG

Last edited:
My old roommate lives for the build. He has a 69 Charger he dropped one of the last 500ci (I think) Crate engines in, aluminum heads, roller rockers, 575hp or something like that. We took a midnight run to the old Koller Dodge in Naperville Illinois to pick it up. When we got to the counter they asked if we were picking up the Hemi, the look he gave me for possibly saving the wrong engine, man it was priceless. Theybwouldnt give us the Hemi for the wedge price so we got what we came for, they gave us some goodie bags and sent us on our way. I was driving and was about to go into the ditch I was so tired and pulled into a rest stop. A minute later he woke up and asked me what the hell we were doing here, said I was falling asleep and we switched seats. Hammered her home and put the engine in a few weeks later, he sure wasn't going to let anything get in the way of him having that engine. He's put some miles on, but not many. Towed it out to Columbus for the Nats and drove it around a bit there. Now he fires it up once in a great while, but hasn't had it on the road for years. Then he picked up a 69 Super Bee that he built from the shell. Took about a year and a half and he drove it some but hasn't had that out for about 2-3 years. Swapped out the original 383 for a warmed over 400 out of our buddies 75 Road Runner, that got the old 440 out of his Charger. The Road Runner hasn't been on the street for 4-5 years. Is love to buy it but our friends dad thinks it's worth 10k, sorry pal. So now my friend has. 79 Lil Red that he's going to drop a 440 in and restore that. Probably the same story will be told, drive some, park in a garage, then move on to something else he gets his hands on. I like building and driving, can't see the point of only building, gotta reap the reward of my labor, but I don't fault him, it's what he likes. And for never helping people, tell him you need help with a vehicle and he will be there to assist, and encourage you to get 're done!
If that were me that night , I would have been "Ah , Yeah . Were here for the Hemi , It's already paid for , right ?" lol . I'm the kind of guy that loves the build , loves making power and what ever you do , "don't" tell me it can't be done or that I won't be able to drive it on the street when I'm done . I also "have to" drive my builds . To me there's no sense in building them to just sit there or be trailered everywhere . You got a drive them ! That's why you build'em ! But that's just this guy opinion . :rolleyes: lol

Todays supposed to be in the mid 90's and the humidity is definitely back . I pulled the front seat and floor mat out of the 71 Coronet yesterday . Getting ready to do the drivers side floor . Found some rust on the passenger side , so I'm going to have to address that as well now . We picked up a Sherman drivers side pan were going to use it but I have to tell you that I'll never buy another pan from them again . First off , right out of the box , It looked like someone had already tried to fit it in something already and second , I really don't like the fitment or the quality of it . But at this point , I'll make it work . And before anyone ask , AMD has been out of stock for this application for a while . That's why we went this rout . Today , I'll be hunting down some more piece's of the puzzle for my cooling system for the Warlock . So "hopefully" sometime soon , I'll have everything and I can upgrade that . Well time to go get something done , Have a good one guy's ( and girls :) ) . See yah on the flip side . :cool:

If that were me that night , I would have been "Ah , Yeah . Were here for the Hemi , It's already paid for , right ?" lol . I'm the kind of guy that loves the build , loves making power and what ever you do , "don't" tell me it can't be done or that I won't be able to drive it on the street when I'm done . I also "have to" drive my builds . To me there's no sense in building them to just sit there or be trailered everywhere . You got a drive them ! That's why you build'em ! But that's just this guy opinion . :rolleyes: lol
The only time he trailed the Charger was to Columbus, other than that it's been driven. That was the car that really turned me on to Mopar. Built cheap and it went fast. Plus, who doesn't like the looks of a second generation Charger?

I got woken up at 7:30 to low the lawn, and I got halfway around the house before the skies opened up with water. Awesome. So I left the mower and covered it up. Finished today with much cooler weather. It's feeling better but still a little humid. Good if you're outside with the breeze but inside the garage still had hot humid stale air. When I got done mowing it started to sprinkle, but only on half the property, it didn't seem to do anything in the front half. Gotta love nature.

Back