• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Bob doesn't get in pictures much, but here is Bob and I yesterday at his buddies house
13612191_130821144014126_4803532979516520185_n.jpg

That is a very nice 65 Bear!
Thanks . I wish I had a better picture of it . It's all old school metal flake paint . It look's killer driving down the street as the light hits it .

Nice! Every one survive the 4th?
Well the convertor swap was a bust . :( My buddy ended up having to do a side job instead . Can't help him with it this coming weekend because I got a Bee to look at for someone as well as a show coming up . So maybe the following weekend we'll get it done . Ended up spending the weekend eating off the grill and drinking a few cold one's . Only problem now is my mason jars are getting low . So I'm going to have to get some full one's . I gotta keep that in stock ! ;) lol

Are you saying it'd be practical now ? lol
Multiple turbos, and multiple blowers, working in sync is much more doable now than it was then. But we wouldn't be talking about a J2000 with just one or the other.

Multiple turbos, and multiple blowers, working in sync is much more doable now than it was then. But we wouldn't be talking about a J2000 with just one or the other.
Yeah true . Technology , when it come's to running multiple anything has come a ways since back then . I'll give yah that .

Yeah true . Technology , when it come's to running multiple anything has come a ways since back then . I'll give yah that .
A brother of a guy I worked with put a triple turbo setup on his F350. He was pissed when he got turned down for stock class at a tractor pull, and they told him to go modified because of the twin turbo, which came stock. Now it's like 1200hp and he never drives it. Makes sense, take 2 years to build it and don't use it. I'll see if I can find a link for it.

A brother of a guy I worked with put a triple turbo setup on his F350. He was pissed when he got turned down for stock class at a tractor pull, and they told him to go modified because of the twin turbo, which came stock. Now it's like 1200hp and he never drives it. Makes sense, take 2 years to build it and don't use it. I'll see if I can find a link for it.
Would he have to do anything else to the truck if he went into the modified class ?

Would he have to do anything else to the truck if he went into the modified class ?
Plenty. He had a stock truck and he would have been going up against purpose built rigs with custom frames and no suspension.

Back