• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bench Racing 101

cu440da is the member with the warlock. I'll have to see if I can meet up with him and his brother, mopar to ya, at the n g Mopar show up here.
Yeah that was the guy I was talking about . I couldn't remember who it was . I got some ideas in my head with the traction bars . Time will tell whether they work or not . Plus I plan on running a lot bigger tire in the back but I got to get to work on making them fit .

They were bitching about having to race against 2 pro mods when they traveled to wherever it was, now they are following suit. If ya can't beat em, join em! At least all the people I know or have met that street raced, they drove the damn car to the race.
I was just talking to someone else about this very same thing ! I'm sorry but if I can get an all steal B body that was street driven into the 9's with old technology . I'm sure they can come up with some dam quick "street" cars with what's out there now . Granted it wouldn't be a Pro Mod , but it would be a "street" car .

He told the crowd at PRI, “This will be the biggest, baddest, purpose-built street race weapon ever done.”

The CrowMod is going nitrous!
Really ! ? I didn't see that . I still don't know about using the word "street" .

Really ! ? I didn't see that . I still don't know about using the word "street" .
I read an article about the debut of the car at PRI and he's gonna run this now that the Crow is dead. It's probably not too far off from what he had, tube chassis car that wasn't practical on the street.

It was funny, in the article they said he was involved in an accident "at a track", but I thought they were street racers?

Yes going with turbos, and the same engine from the original Crow, and adding nitrous. He said it's 1,000lbs lighter. Should be interesting to watch.

Daddy Dave also unveiled Goliath 2.0. It's got steel on it, I'm sure it's also got a lot of fiberglass too but it looks just like Goliath the first. That car was wicked.

It was funny, in the article they said he was involved in an accident "at a track", but I thought they were street racers?
From what I understand he cracked up the crow while racing something "chuckie" Davis driving a red mustang and they where in the middle of filing for Street Outlaws . Chuckie while peddleing his car tapped the rear quarter of the Crow and they both ended up crashing . It was Dave with Goliath that crashed his car at a track in Texas . This is the only footage I know of so far of Chiefs crash . Can't see much from the angel . Street Outlaws Big Chief's crash

Daddy Dave also unveiled Goliath 2.0. It's got steel on it, I'm sure it's also got a lot of fiberglass too but it looks just like Goliath the first. That car was wicked.
I "did" like that car . It was just plain "MEAN" look'in !

From what I understand he cracked up the crow while racing something "chuckie" Davis driving a red mustang and they where in the middle of filing for Street Outlaws . Chuckie while peddleing his car tapped the rear quarter of the Crow and they both ended up crashing . It was Dave with Goliath that crashed his car at a track in Texas .
Correct on both counts. I just thought it was funny that the street that is close sed off is considered "a track". Other than stands for the fans it pretty much is, what with medical and security and lights at the starting line.

I think that Dave wrecked his car at the same track that Tina flipped her s-10. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't do a lot of research on craps like this. I find it surprising that you would go to a track that doesn't have the best prep when you ha e as much power as some of these guys are making. Yeah, the street doesn't have any prep, sure it doesn't. Glad my car has hardly any power, don't need to worry about it getting sideways from all that power being applied by my old antiquated analog computer (my foot)!

Correct on both counts. I just thought it was funny that the street that is close sed off is considered "a track". Other than stands for the fans it pretty much is, what with medical and security and lights at the starting line.
Yeah I know . I wish "streets" where like that around here . I'd be having all kinds of fun on Fri /Sat. nights ! lol It's funny what you find on the computer . After Dave's crash this was a bunch of post where they said he was dead .

I think that Dave wrecked his car at the same track that Tina flipped her s-10. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't do a lot of research on craps like this. I find it surprising that you would go to a track that doesn't have the best prep when you ha e as much power as some of these guys are making. Yeah, the street doesn't have any prep, sure it doesn't. Glad my car has hardly any power, don't need to worry about it getting sideways from all that power being applied by my old antiquated analog computer (my foot)!
I'm not sure but I think you might be right on that . Have you seen Tina's new pickup ? I saw a video of her driving it on the street just after she got it done . Sounds like you got the same computer in your car that I have in my truck . It's a "heavy" mother isn't it ! :D

Sounds like you got the same computer in your car that I have in my truck . It's a "heavy" mother isn't it ! :D

And at least 10 times bigger than it needs to be! It hardly ever crashes though, and never needs updating.

Hey Mob , Is this how you sleeper is going to launch ? :)
IMG_4551.JPG

lol ! It would be sick though , for a four door to pull the wheels up like that . With a sticky enough tire , your Dart just might surprise you ! I'd love it if my truck did that . But If I ever get to that point I think it's going to twist a little as well .

I have gotten my more door up....once....See how it will be with the new trans...LOL
I used to be able to get my Charger up in the air with slick's but as soon as I would slam second the darn thing would brake loose again and I end up peddling it while going a lil sideways . I miss that car sometimes . Is the tranny new , new Hops ? What's been done to it ?

Back