• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bench Racing 101

One of my friends is pushing me to put it in the show at Mopar Carlisle next year. It does fly. I actually broke the tranny mount when I was screwing around and blew the trans!
DSC00252.JPG
DSC00251.JPG
DSC00248.JPG
View attachment 6059

DSC00249.JPG

The rear disks
Cool ! What those come out of ? I noticed your running traction bars . You ever think about an adjustable pinion snubber instead ? I'm thinking more to hide the traction device so no one would see it since it's a sleeper . Just a thought .

Poly is on order. Think about this you get a nice straight launch with traction pars. A pinion snubber CAN pivot the rear. I have seen it happen. Now a combo of both is ideal. The rear 8 1/4 disks came out of a Cherokee and molded them to fit since no one makes a kit. Still has the parking brake also!
Bought the car for my daughters first and with an almost new interior of crushed velvet in tan. She wanted to paint it blue, said no way and got her a Saturn! Originally a /6 car and went a tiny bit crazy on it.

Last edited:
I agree . I like traction bars better myself . I'm actually thinking of making up a set for my warlock this winter since I can't afford a Cal track system . I was just thinking of the stealth factor in your case . I tried years ago to run both traction bars and a pinion snubber on my Charger . It didn't work so good in my case . Good job on the disc brake set up ! I still say your car makes a killer sleeper . No one would ever see it coming . :cool:

Yeah that's why I street camoed the bars, with the wheels on it you barely notice them. Just the exhaust is what gives it away and if you look inside at the dash! After I get the tranny in (just not motivated to get on my back to do it) The tracklock and 3.73's go in. Then it should be mechanically done.

True ! I just went back and looked at the side shot of your car and you can't really see the bars . I'm thinking of going satin black with mine . So they'll be there but they won't catch your eye . But I'm kind of going for that old school hot rod truck ( HRT ) look . Most people look at my truck and they just see an ole truck that someone put mag's on and they don't feel to threatened . After all , how fast can an ole pick up be ? ;) It just sucks because they don't make crap for a pickup as far as the traction I need . They do make traction bars for it , but if you look at them . There made to mount way under the shock plate and I don't think they would work very good if at all . That leaves the Cal track's and if I go that rout , I'd want the whole set up which would run me a grand or so . I'd love to try it . But with me just loosing my plow gig , I know I can't swing that kind of cash right now . So it looks like I'll be firing up the mig sometime soon .

Think about this you get a nice straight launch with traction pars. A pinion snubber CAN pivot the rear.

The pinion snubbed transfers power to the ground while keeping axle rotation to a minimum and keeping the springs loaded properly. Traction bars make your springs less effective by shortening the front segment where the bar hits and pushes up on the spring. The snubber on a truck however needs to be a lot higher due to the bottom of the bed being higher (further away) than the floor of a car.

The pinion snubbed transfers power to the ground while keeping axle rotation to a minimum and keeping the springs loaded properly. Traction bars make your springs less effective by shortening the front segment where the bar hits and pushes up on the spring. The snubber on a truck however needs to be a lot higher due to the bottom of the bed being higher (further away) than the floor of a car.
I thought about using a snubber on my truck . Hell I've already got one anyways . But after looking under there I figure I'd have to make up a plate for It to hit . I'd also have to make up something to mount the plate to as well . There's not a whole lot a room to work with . There's a guy on here with a Hemi Warlock and he's tried the pinion snubber idea already . Don't know how much it helped though . With the 440 lil red we had , I experimented with clamping the front of the springs which helped a little . My best time with that truck was a 12 flat . But the Warlock is putting out a more power and torque then the lil red did so I have a little more going against me in the traction department .

The CrowMod! Does that mean he's taking his ass off the street? Or going to support those local 1/8th mile tracks that aren't NHRA tracks? Makes me wonder what those guys to do the show that they can afford a pro mod. Of course they had badass cars before the show ever started filming.

Those cars are wicked! Almost as fast as a top fuel funny car and they have doors!

Last edited:
The CrowMod! Does that mean he's taking his ass off the street? Or going to support those local 1/8th mile tracks that aren't NHRA tracks? Makes me wonder what those guys to do the show that they can afford a pro mod. Of course they had badass cars before the show ever started filming.

Those cars are wicked! Almost as fast as a top fuel funny car and they have doors!
No from what I understand , He's going to race that on the street in place of the Crow . That's the only thing that bugs me about that show . None of them have plates on them . It's still my favorite show . But I wish they where street legal cars .

There's a guy on here with a Hemi Warlock and he's tried the pinion snubber idea already .

cu440da is the member with the warlock. I'll have to see if I can meet up with him and his brother, mopar to ya, at the n g Mopar show up here.

No from what I understand , He's going to race that on the street in place of the Crow . That's the only thing that bugs me about that show . None of them have plates on them . It's still my favorite show . But I wish they where street legal cars .
They were bitching about having to race against 2 pro mods when they traveled to wherever it was, now they are following suit. If ya can't beat em, join em! At least all the people I know or have met that street raced, they drove the damn car to the race.

Last edited:
He told the crowd at PRI, “This will be the biggest, baddest, purpose-built street race weapon ever done.”

The CrowMod is going nitrous!

Back