• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wll 6" lift on 35's fit in a 7ft garage?

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this? With new front springs and 30" tires I have 9.5" of clearance. I'm hoping I'll have 1"-1.5" to spare once lifted. But I've also been told it won't clear by a couple of inches. I find it hard to believe my math is 3-3.5" off. Either someone doesn't know what size lift they have or their 35's measure a lot larger. Thanks

The garage door maybe 7ft height but the opening is maybe smaller. Have you measured the opening or you just going by door size?

The garage door maybe 7ft height but the opening is maybe smaller. Have you measured the opening or you just going by door size?
Doors can easily be propped lol, but I'm measuring to the frame (6' 11"). Door hangs down 1.5" but can be propped above the frame by 2".

I assume that you have'nt put your lift in yet ? So it fairly simple . Measure the highest point of your truck ( normaly the peak of the roof unless you have a light bar or roll bar with light's ) . Now add 6" and then add 2 1/5" for the tires . There's about your total hight . Now measure the garage opening ( which will be from the bottom of the garage door when it's open to the ground ) . There's your answere . You might want to add one more inch just to be safe because you don't allway's get the exact hight as advertised with lift kit's .

I'm not buying a lift until I know what will/wont fit. I currently have 9.5" to the frame (1-1.5" after lift). I was hoping someone could confirm this with experience cuz I've had a few people on other sites say it won't clear by a couple inches.

Last edited:
I'm not buying a lift until I know what will/wont fit. I currently have 9.5" to the frame (1-1.5" after lift). I was hoping someone could confirm this with experience cuz I've had a few people on other sites say it won't clear by a couple inches.

With something like this I dunno if you should go by what others say. Not all garages are built the same. I am not even sure if all 4x4 Dodge trucks have the same ride heights stock. As bear pointed out even the lifts have some discrepency to them.

Your rite 100% "Mopardude" . You can probably ask 15 diferent people this question and get 15 diferent answere's . Another thing with the height from one truck to another is the condition of the body mount's . Some have flatened out more then other's over the years . Does it have to be a 6" lift "Mopar4x4stroker" ? How about a 4" lift instead ?

Thats true, not every garage/truck/lift/tires are equal. I figured they would be with in an 1" at least. It dont have to be a 6", but a lift is a big investment I only wana do once. I dont wana be upgrading later. 4" only clears 33's and thats not much bigger than stock. I'd like to clear 35's w/o trimming. The tires I'm looking at measure 34.6-34.8. Id think the tires would be smaller w/ 35psi and the weight of the truck on them closer to 34's. I'd also think the lift will probably be around 5.5" - 5.75". I doubt I could take skyjackers word if I asked.

Do you plan on doing much wheel'in with it or is it gunna be more street use ? With some truck's you can run 35's with 4" of lift . I've run 35's on my 79 with a 4" lift , but not all truck's are the same and we go back to the condition of the body mount's . How about this ? You go with a 4" suspention lift and throw an 1" in the body with all new body mount's while your there ? Then if you add everything up over stock you get a total of 7 1/2" over stock . That's with the 35's .

I had a Ramcharger with 4" lift, one ton axles which net 1-2" more lift and 35" BFG Mt's and it wouldnt fit in my garage door which is a true 7'er, less trim. That rig would just barely fit when I had 4" lift, 1/2 ton axles and 35" MT Bajas.

Back