• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WIW thread

volaredon

Reaction score
I happened on an old small semi retired junkyard last weekend. I went in on a tip that they may have some parts for a project my son is working on. (They didn't unless they're stashed in one of his many buildings and semi trailers which I didn't get to) he's working on a 72 Plymouth fury wagon.
Anyways while walking his 4 rows, about half of which was 73-79 Ford trucks, I spied a 78 warlock. I didn't open the hood, VIN digit for engine was an "E" which I think means 360 if Im remembering right.
Very faded red, pinstripes intact, worst rust I saw was the bottom of the tailgate. Very cool interior, ramcharger like with buckets and console but different than what the ramcharger used. Looked like it probably was stock.
But haven't seen before so not sure. Truck is complete (again didn't open hood to look at the motor) and looks like a nice start to a restore.
What would something like this be Worth, both as is and nicely redone?
Another question/ this truck is a 2wd, I thought warlocks were 4wd? I haven't seen one in too long.

I don't think this guy's place is a "regular" junkyard, as if it were around here the junkyard personnel would turn the title into the state and have it converted to "salvage" status meaning that VIN number can never be registered for road use ever again. I'd bet money he has the title to everything sitting there. Which goes a long way towards worthiness of a potential project. Truck looked pretty solid and the chrome looked like it could be polished out, even, what would something like this be worth as a project truck?

I don't think this guy's place is a "regular" junkyard, as if it were around here the junkyard personnel would turn the title into the state and have it converted to "salvage" status meaning that VIN number can never be registered for road use ever again. I'd bet money he has the title to everything sitting there. Which goes a long way towards worthiness of a potential project. Truck looked pretty solid and the chrome looked like it could be polished out, even, what would something like this be worth as a project truck?
Some yards here have a small lot with the good, running cars that have titles.

I happened on an old small semi retired junkyard last weekend. I went in on a tip that they may have some parts for a project my son is working on. (They didn't unless they're stashed in one of his many buildings and semi trailers which I didn't get to) he's working on a 72 Plymouth fury wagon.
Anyways while walking his 4 rows, about half of which was 73-79 Ford trucks, I spied a 78 warlock. I didn't open the hood, VIN digit for engine was an "E" which I think means 360 if Im remembering right.
Very faded red, pinstripes intact, worst rust I saw was the bottom of the tailgate. Very cool interior, ramcharger like with buckets and console but different than what the ramcharger used. Looked like it probably was stock.
But haven't seen before so not sure. Truck is complete (again didn't open hood to look at the motor) and looks like a nice start to a restore.
What would something like this be Worth, both as is and nicely redone?
Another question/ this truck is a 2wd, I thought warlocks were 4wd? I haven't seen one in too long.
Warlocks were 4x2 or 4x4 and any motor available in a truck was an option. I've seen several with 400s.

Back