• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

wheels

oldmoparguy

Reaction score
will the wheels from a 72 new yorker fit a 85 d 150?

GEDC0440 (2).JPG

Yes, they will both be 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and 15 inch the back space will be close or the same I've put those rally wheels on my 82 I had years ago, they look nice.

Nope. They won't.
An 84 they would. They went to 5 on 5-1/2 starting in 85.

Oldmoparguy, it seems I was wrong I did not think Dodge moved away from the 5 on 4.5 until the early 90,s but Volaredon is correct they changed in 85, too bad as that rules out many nice wheels, I don't care for many of the newer bolt pattern in stock form but I guess there are plenty of after market choices.

well not only did the trucks get a larger pattern 5 1/2 bc , but the hubs got way bigger as well . just got through modifying a set of vintage 200s americans to put on my 88 d150 . even the sout of the rotors had to be turned down some to fit the nose cone of the rims .

DSC07836.JPG

ll i found out today the 85 dodge truck has the same biolt patern as thr big bol ford 5-5.5 + the holes in the sentr of te wheels my road wheels r too small

well i found out my truk has a 5 on 5.5 + the center hole on my road wheels s to smal for my 1985 d 150 truck so they wll not fit it
so i ned a 198-1-92 wheel the new one have rewrong back space

85 was the 1st year 2wd trucks got the 5 on 5-1/2. 84-older got 5 on 4-1/2.
I have a buddy that has an 83 and was trying to get me to take some stock wheels from him from when he did his resto and didn't seem to understand that those parts wouldn't fit my truck.
I have had to swap axles in a rear end in a buddy's Dodge van for the same reason.
He had had a leak that got away from him and smoked his rear end, his was an 87 and got another rear end out of an 84. Rear end bolted up just fine but we had to put the axles in out of the original housing so he didn't have to carry 2 spares

Back