• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

whats this truck worth?

fez340

Reaction score
hey guys, i am wondering what do you think this truck is worth to you? its a 1978 chevy 1/2 ton, has had a complete restoration, everything on the truck is new, basicly started with a cab and frame and built up from that, has less then 10000kms on the truck after being restored, has a 350 rebuilt, some performance parts, carb,cam,manifold, headers, dual exhaust, has a 3 speed auto tranny on the floor! which i think is cool for a truck. posi rear end, truck has been stored in agarage for years, has only been out in summer a couple of weeks in the last few years.

phpCgDE3TAM.jpg

phpgBiBYUAM.jpg

phphN2g5XAM.jpg

php6MDgCjAM.jpg

That is a sweet looking truck, well taken care of!:biggrin1:

Great looking truck, but it doesn't have A/C. I live in the deep South, and IMO, if it doesn't have air, it doesn't need tire. lol

Seriously, it looks like a will cared for truck. Not knowing the details of the truck's history, $6K to 7K sounds like a fair price for it. I don't think I would advertise it for $10K though. I think that might ward off a lot of potentially valid buyers. Looking to get $6K for a truck, and asking $10K means you're willing to come off the price 30%-40%. When I'm looking at vehicles, and the seller is willing to come off that much, it naturally send up a flag to me. "Why is this vehicle that negotiable"? What am I missing?

In my opinion (and that's all this is) If you ask $about $8500 - $8750 - 9000, and are willing to take $7K for it, that's a good discount for the vehicle, and an honest estimate for the truck.
Once you add that 5th figure, a lot of viable perspective buyers lose interest.

since the truck has seen a lot of storage time. I recommend that you go through it with a critical eye. While being in storage save wear and tare on the truck, and keeps mileage down, it also allows the soft materials (hoses, belts, gaskets, weather seals, brake lines, etc. to dry. Maybe not to the point of rotting, but these pieces don't have to be rotted to fail. If one fails during a test drive, their goes the sale. It could also have some impact on the vehicle if a brake line fails, or the engine over heats. You know the wonderful things that can happen to an over heated engine.
Take a good look at everything. f it looks OK to you, it probably is, and you're done. If not, take the time to fix it, or, at the very least, point it out to the perspective buyer. It
s a move that could have a positive affect on the sale price, too.

Good luck with the sale, You've done a great job on it, and it's certainly a gorgeous truck. :thumb:

Back