• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is this

fossilrider

Reaction score
Hey guys, Steve here. I have recently bought a '78 Power Wagon and I am fixing a few issues before putting it into service. I have pulled the bed off to get to the gas tank and replace the sending unit and will refloor the bed while it is off. When I got the bed off, I noticed this rod which appears to be an add-on that I assume was installed when some additional lift was installed at some point. I see no real benefit here since, if it is there to stabilize the differential (due to the now very tall stack of spacers) it looks like it should attach to the LOWER end of the stack. Puzzling.? Anyone ever see this before, or is this someone's bad idea? I just can't see much benefit here. Thanks for any info. Steve

20221031_113949.jpg

20221031_114013.jpg

Thanks Guys. I would just as soon have the truck a little lower, but if I remove the extra spacers in the rear I would then have to change the springs on the front, since there are no spacers to remove there. The front springs sit right on the diff housing and the truck is level. I really don't want to spend a few hundred dollars on springs right now, front or rear. The wife is 4'-8" and 76 years old so it's a bit of a chore for her to get in and out. But, this isn't going to be a daily driver so we will just deal with it for now. I have thought about building a retractable step for her.?

I think it will be fine someone did a good job to stabilize the rear it may ride a little stiffer but not too much and its a truck the rubber spacers look to be worn out and you should probably replace them.
My neighbor has a step and a grab handle for the wife to make it better for her

Yeah, I am looking for the rubber spacers and might have to make some out of some rubber belting I have. BTW, good looking early Power Wagon on your photo! I have always liked those. Thanks for the input. Here is a pic of the '70 Jeep Commando I restored then sold to buy my Power Wagon. Have a great day.

20220429_182025.jpg

Thanks nice jeep I used some cheap hockey Pucks for cab mounts and they worked good I just drilled a hole in the center you can even slice them in half with a band saw

Back