• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Well..........

Polara_500

Reaction score
Saw this on the lot the other day and decided I just had to have it. It's one sweet rig and I'm a happy camper except I spent more than I should have even though I got a really good price on it. So now I need to start thinning out some of the older trucks, I think the first to go will be my 83, (avatar pic).

DSCN3985.JPG

DSCN3987.JPG

DSCN3989.JPG

DSCN3990.JPG

Trucks have come a long way from your '83! And why get rid of any? They're paid for, right?

Yeah, all paid for, but a pain in the butt to move to mow around all the time. Besides, maybe if I get rid of a couple I can actually get something accomplished on what I don't flush.

I guess I'm lucky that I'm limitedi n storage, that way I can't get too many projects good at once. That's why I sold my 68 Charger R/T and that still hurts.

Started adding 'em up today - there's 5 cars/trucks licensed and insured right now, with only 2 drivers. Then there's 2 more with current tags but no insurance, 4 currently in 'project' status, then there's 6 more parts vehicles. I really need to thin the herd. It's just not an easy thing to do.

Welp, screwed that up, can't even count tonight, missed one totally. 18 is just downright silly if you're not starting a wrecking yard.

Last edited:
Started adding 'em up today - there's 5 cars/trucks licensed and insured right now, with only 2 drivers. Then there's 2 more with current tags but no insurance, 4 currently in 'project' status, then there's 6 more parts vehicles. I really need to thin the herd. It's just not an easy thing to do.

Welp, screwed that up, can't even count tonight, missed one totally. 18 is just downright silly if you're not starting a wrecking yard.
I'd love to be your neighbor!

Last edited:
Quite a few, I think. There's only a couple that are potential issues that way, this truck is one of those but I think I'd feel worse letting it sit and watching it rot away unused. I put too much into it, learned a lot in the process, and it's a blast to drive on occasion but I know I wouldn't drive it enough to justify insurance so it would just rot away.

Back