• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Well, I ain't new here fer sure, but...........

10492742415_9138178151_b.jpg

Thank You and "Here's to ya all!" When I get home that is!
:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:
I know I shouldn't have put this here so feel free to delete at your leisure!
- Brian

Me neither, however, had a nice mixed bag of others. A day without beer, is like a day without sunshine! Here's to ya all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:
That looks like me on a weekend! I drank enough beer in the last year, for two years or more!

I am sad for you Greg! Actually, I confess that I didn't care for it the first time or two either. But wait, the plot thickens...............I blame my great grandfather for showing me what I was missing. For it was at his funeral, (my first time as a pall bearer), during a sweltering hot summer day. This was at the afterward family social gathering outside. Back in the day, they had these big ol galvanized tubs filled with big chunks of ice and multiple cans & bottles of a mixed bag of drinkables. Being quite thirsty, I told myself that I'd drink whatever chanced to grace my hand. I just reached in without looking and as it happened, I grabbed a beer. Well,,,, lets just say that conditions were just right, and it was so freakin good that I have been under the spell ever since. That being said and back in those days of mostly American beers, I was still only beginning to explore various brands. Ever since, and in the last couple decades, the microbrew explosion has really opened the doors to so many choices, it boggles the mind. Please understand, there is no negative judgment of any kind toward nondrinkers on my part. However, if one didn't do it, there are an almost infinite variety of choices out there, even none! "If in fact you don't succeed, try, try again". My biggest gripe is the interstate commerce laws governing distribution. No one, including lawyers, can explain how they became so stupid and complicated. For instance, the first time I was able to try a Genessee Cream Ale was in Florida! It is brewed in Rochester N.Y. & I lived in N.J., but it was not allowed to be sold in the great "Garbage State" back then. Those same laws also involve the wine industry. It must be "Pay for Play" from my viewpoint. Anyway, I wish I was home at the moment so I could drink one in your honor! God Bless you sir, you are a good man! Cheers..........
:drinks::drinks::drinks:!

It isn't just beer.
I can only enjoy sweet flavored drinks. Plain water is tolerable but if I add something sweet to it, I like it.
I've had family die from alcohol, cigarettes and drugs so I've stayed away and outlived most of them so far.

I respect your position, sir. Some wines are sweet, however the sulfites in red wine kill my stomach. If I ever drink soda, my fist choice is root beer. I have never had a sweet tooth, even for food. I do like a bite of something sweet after a meal usually. I would choose real food over sweets any day. My mother actually cried when I moved out on my own the first day I turned 18, as there were never any leftovers when "Brian, the garbage can was there!" Even though I had 5 siblings still at home. For the record, I have had beer on tap at my house for 33 years now. I used to hoist that 165 lb. Keg up on my shoulder & waltz into the house with it. Now it would kill me so my son helps me & helps consume it as well. I can go without beer for days & be happy with one swallow, which is difficult with a can or bottle. Again, I pass no judgement. To each his own & "May your way be as pleasant!" :)

By the way, being as how it's still Summer & pretty warm out there. Here is a quick & easy recipe for a refreshing Summer Cooler for anyone who may be interested:

Ge ta large (paper can) of Lemonade from your favorite grocer's frozen food case, dump it in a blender, fill the can with beer & dump it in, then fill the can with cheap whiskey and a couple cans of ice and dump that in as well. Hit the switch for a minute & dump that mixed mess into a glass. Garnish with fruit slices or cherries if you wish. This makes a cheap sweet/sour drink that will knock your socks off and you really can't taste the beer.
Enjoy

Last edited:
I forgot to mention a side benefit of avoiding beer Greg.......that being you are fit & not fat! I wish I had chosen a vocation instead falling back on one. It is just due to the fact that I have a Stationary Engineers License that I had to fall back on and more than once. I always liked working with wood and actually received a state honorable mention for a bowl I made in shop class wayyyy long ago. I have learned quite a few tricks from a friend who was a carpenter. By the way, I do have something else in common with you. I also blew out my knee from a forced jump from a roof. Tore my meniscus pretty good. I actually winced when I read about your unfortunate roof story on BBodies.

I forgot to mention a side benefit of avoiding beer Greg.......that being you are fit & not fat!
Thanks...doing the work that I did for so long allowed me to get away with drinking so much soda and eating the huge portions. Now that I am retired, I have to scale it back to avoid expanding to blimp proportions.
I actually winced when I read about your unfortunate roof story on BBodies.
Thanks again. I'm healing up as if it never happened. I'm fortunate.

Back