• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trans/T-case mating

cyclesick

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I have a '79 W200 with the 203 T-case. I like the full time case and I want to keep it. However, I would love to put an overdrive trans in front of it. I know that the overdrive units are housed in the rear section that would otherwise be the adapter between the trans and case, so I can't the original adapter housing. And, I know that the bolt patterns and possibly the spline counts on the modern transmissions/adapter housings are different. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes an adapter that allows a 203 to be mated to either a 518 or an NV4500?
Thanks. Charlie

Have you checked with Advance Adapters?
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I have. In fact, I've been scouring the net on this subject for about 3 months now. The only thing I can find is old threads in various different forums of things people have tried. None of them offer pics or give an update on their degree of success. But, there are those that say it is possible and even some that say they've done it.

Back