• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tonneau or Cap what should I get??

RaZorTop

Reaction score
Hello the heading question “what should I get” drove me to create both in one. A fully automatic raise and lower cap system.
Simply press a button and your tonneau cover raises up to a full size cap doubling the amount of cargo you can haul and protect. You can raise and lower it at highway speeds.
We manufacture and sell our RaZorTop right here in the great USA using all stainless steel and powder coated aluminum to prevent corrosion.
Would love to answer any questions but we have quite a bit on our website including videos at RaZorTop.com.

Thank you so much we have been selling it for a couple of years now.
With many on the road now our RaZorTop is finding its way on more and more trucks and looking forward to getting many more on the road soon.

Hello the heading question “what should I get” drove me to create both in one. A fully automatic raise and lower cap system.
Simply press a button and your tonneau cover raises up to a full size cap doubling the amount of cargo you can haul and protect. You can raise and lower it at highway speeds.
We manufacture and sell our RaZorTop right here in the great USA using all stainless steel and powder coated aluminum to prevent corrosion.
Would love to answer any questions but we have quite a bit on our website including videos at RaZorTop.com.
You are a commercial vendor and you should contact site owner @Joeychgo about placing ads.

For me, and I do not know the price, it appears to be a good idea. BUT If I am "opening up" my bed by either removal or fold/roll up that cover it is because I am hauling/want to haul a lage object. Suck as a snow thrower - handle bars, motorcycle - mine is "Dresser" side - taller than evem the cab in both instants. The video does not show what kind if any a project that is to make available room. Most people buy trucks to be family transportation and/or towing. I pull on occasion 6,000 plus lbs. but also the above items and thing like them. Heck I put a full yard of top soil in the back of our Dakota. So going to the garden place and makeing the box accesible to the "pay loader" and then standing in the bed to shovel it all out, looks like this unit would Not work for me. Not to many of us use trucks for "TRUCK STUFF" any more. In the dakota I had a coated canvas cover that either opened like the hood of a vehicle or you rolled it up into a 7"dia. rollat the back of the cab. that system as all do had its draw back also. Thinking of a hrad top that folds in 5 plus sections - like an accordian bellows. then can be remove as a unit. Leaving nothing but frame mounted on the edge of the box. Prices do like they always do go UP. So i will check back every so often to see about ideas. Most of the time it would be just covered. But the majic word is still -BUT- I want to??
i am SURE it WILL NOT BE A CAP!!! they weigh a lot, multiple people needed to remove and put back, and they do nothing - at least to me - but make the vehicle look ugly - especially as their surface gets weathered!! So if we are voting mine is ANYTHING BUT A CAP.

As far as items that you need to load into your truck that are higher than a cap, you can roll open the top in the up configuration allowing you to load taller things and if the items protrude up to 5 inches higher than the cab height, then you can still roll the cover closed and protect the items from weather.

In regards to the comment about landscape material you can roll the cover open and have a machine dump your material into the back of your truck and cover and protect the items.
The same with unloading you could stand in the back your truck with a cover open and shovel out as needed.
The nice part is is in the up configuration you are virtually doubling the amount of material you can haul in your truck.

As far as items that you need to load into your truck that are higher than a cap, you can roll open the top in the up configuration allowing you to load taller things and if the items protrude up to 5 inches higher than the cab height, then you can still roll the cover closed and protect the items from weather.

In regards to the comment about landscape material you can roll the cover open and have a machine dump your material into the back of your truck and cover and protect the items.
The same with unloading you could stand in the back your truck with a cover open and shovel out as needed.
The nice part is is in the up configuration you are virtually doubling the amount of material you can haul in your truck.
So when the cover is rolled up those cross bars come out? Or am I confused? Do you have a video on your site showing that?? the video I watched shows the cross bars removed while the assembly is retracted but not what, if any, a project that is to do.

Last edited:
Great question!
Yes the cross bars simply pop right out and can be removed up or down.
When it is up and the bars are removed you can haul anything taller than the height or the RaZorTop.

It would be great to have a video of all that Thanks

If you check out the video that I have attached it shows from time frame 10 through 21 shows the top up with 1. (Front) bar removed with a larger object in it, the remaining bars can be easily removed just like the front bar giving full unrestricted access to the bed.

Last edited:
Back