• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tires and wheels

Not a common thing to do on Land Rovers, but I pretty much never leave my vehicles on standard equipment wheels so...5 powder coated Outback TX-1's in 16X8 and Cooper Discoverer STT tires 245/75-16 with about an inch and a half gain in height over stock tires. I also dealt with center cap issues, embassingly since 2007...the issue having been the caps being the size of coffee cans. Well since they looked like they belonged on semi trucks I didn't use them, and finally dealt with having them cut down. Sometimes it's the simplest stuff...

The only thing I miss about the stockers are the 1 1/16" real truck lugnuts. Now it's on 3/4 car lugnuts and doesn't make me feel as confident.

Here's what I have. Pro Comp 33" Mud Terrains on 16.5" American Racing Turbines.

IMAG0446.jpg

Not a common thing to do on Land Rovers, but I pretty much never leave my vehicles on standard equipment wheels so...5 powder coated Outback TX-1's in 16X8 and Cooper Discoverer STT tires 245/75-16 with about an inch and a half gain in height over stock tires.

How do you like the STTs? I've got Cooper Discoverer AT3s on two of my street-driven trucks, and like them a lot. Good ride, decent traction.

IMG_3751_zpse2f38baa.jpg

So far the STT's have only been used on the street, it's summer here in Arizona and we don't do much off roading when it's oven hot. They are much better on the tarmac than I expected, I can hear a little hum inside if I turn the music OFF, but only a little. I really expected them to be noisy. I have heard very good things about them (my first Coopers) and expect them to be excellent out in the rough.

Back