• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Timing issues

It clears up after a while and I can drive it, it's not as peppey as that little v6 used to be, but the next time I start it even if it's 10 seconds after shutting it off just to see if it's fixed, it dose it all over again. I did notice the temp sensor is dirty. I'll clean that When I have some free time, hopefully soon.

That's what I'm sayin. All was great, fresh gaskets and a coat of paint and it wants to be a jerk.

Its something simple you just have to figure out what is causing the problem and some is hard to figure out. I had a dodge shadow that would give the herky jerks driving and no engine light on so I figured fuel pump so I borrowed a fuel pressure gauge and the pressure was good. So I asked a friend at the local dealership if he would check it out for me and he took the car to see what he could find and he replaced the oxygen sensor and all was fine. Something that simple was making me scratch my head

ttps://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/diagnosing-car-problems/mechanical/bad-oxygen-sensor-symptoms.htm

This electronic crap is dumb or I'm dumb for not understanding it better. I'll clean the temp sensor and see if that's throwing something off.

That's what I'm sayin. All was great, fresh gaskets and a coat of paint and it wants to be a jerk.
You say fresh paint. Grounding will not occur through paint. Maybe something to look at. Never paint the bellhousing mounting surface of an engine block or any grounding surfaces.

I'll check it out. I know there is a bundle of grounds on the back behind the right side valve cover and the big one from the battery in the front left side. I'll scotch bright the paint off and die electric grease the connection.

Back