• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of Gag_Halfront

Gag_Halfront

Reaction score
This is my "Hello Word" post. I drive an '05 RAM 1500 SLT 2wd single cab. It has over 230K miles, has been to almost every corner of the country (usually hauling a load of some kind), hauled all my possessions through the mountains of WV during my move, regularly hauls my three wheelers to rides and events around the country and is the "commuter" that gets me to work every day. My truck works hard, plays hard and at this point is like a member of the family. I couldn't imagine not owning it.

Over the years, apart from general maintenance my truck has had a new water pump, EGR valve, plugs and wires, fuel pump, catalytic converter and O2 sensors (bank 2). Not too shabby for 230K miles if you ask me. It's never had any major breakdowns or failures, though the fuel pump did go out on the interstate during rush hour. :(

The only major surgery was when the jackleg in the Avenger blew the stop sign in front of my house and smashed into it. The crash ripped the front right suspension clean off and resulted in replacing the front bumper, grille, fog and headlight, fender, suspension, brakes, rim and tire.

I'm currently planning to rebuild the HEMI and start cleaning up some of the battle scars on the body. Plans are for a basically stock body with a pretty aggressive stroker build for the engine. I turn all my own wrenches and and learned bodywork when I did my Dart so I have every confidence that when I'm done my truck will be even more awesome than it is today.

Thanks. I have high hopes for this site. I would love to see it become as great a community as FABO.

Back