• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

steering column

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Reaction score
Contact seller
Steering column in my 1986 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 is loose as all get out. Looking to replace or repair if possible? Any ideas fellow mopar lovers?

Thanks for any help
slowpoke

Probably more than likely...... the steering column intermediate shaft is completely wore out,
which is a very common problem on Dodge trucks. The intermediate shaft is bolted to the bottom of the column and also connect's to the steering box. The best one's to buy are made here in the USA by a company called: www.borgeson.com ( borgeson universal) I'm not exactly sure what the going price is,
but their product's are made to bolt in and go. Good stuff, as we have used many of their universal set-up's, with absolutely no problem's. Once you install a new intermediate shaft in your truck, you will never have to replace it. Good Luck.

Slowpoke, go to your favorite (quality) autoparst supplier, (ie NAPA) or similar, and ask for a "Dorman" brand Steering shaft overhaul kit. $8.95 + tax. just rebuilt the shaft on my 80 ramcharger, (totally worn out)........ now u can't tell it was ever sloppy!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back