• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seat pedestals from b van into pickup?

volaredon

Reaction score
Haven't done much onto my 85 d150 lately, but have thought about a few "maybe's" to add to it along the way
Ive had both dodge vans and a ram charger over the years, my son currently has an 89 ram charger.
I know where there are a couple of ram chargers in local junkyards, one has a real nice original console.
Right color for my truck, even. But no seats or pedestals. .the other local yard has a bunch of Dodge vans.
Are the seat pedestals from a dodge van the same as the ones they used in D/W series trucks? I'm thinking of putting buckets/console into my truck. The van seats don't recline forward (for back seat access) like the ram charger ones did but for a reg cab pick up that's ok. Just wondering about fitment.

From what I remember, I thought the van seats would sit up too high for your truck unless you made different mounts for them

I wish I had one of each side by side to compare
What about mid 90s minivan pedestals? Would that be a better match?

I really really doubt that they'll work. Vans have a completely flat floor, pickups do not. Height is way different too, van seat stands are probably about twice as tall. The seats themselves will work... probably. I have seen a couple of different bolt patterns for seat to stand.

Haven't done much onto my 85 d150 lately, but have thought about a few "maybe's" to add to it along the way
Ive had both dodge vans and a ram charger over the years, my son currently has an 89 ram charger.
I know where there are a couple of ram chargers in local junkyards, one has a real nice original console.
Right color for my truck, even. But no seats or pedestals. .the other local yard has a bunch of Dodge vans.
Are the seat pedestals from a dodge van the same as the ones they used in D/W series trucks? I'm thinking of putting buckets/console into my truck. The van seats don't recline forward (for back seat access) like the ram charger ones did but for a reg cab pick up that's ok. Just wondering about fitment.
A good sheet metal fabrication shop would be able to make pedestals to accommodate any seat you choose. An added bonus would be to have stereo speakers or sub woofer incorporated into them. Just my two cents.

Sheet metal shop? They'd have to be more substantial than sheet metal
I stand corrected. I should have said metal fab shop. Although, to be honest, the metal in the factory pedestals is not all that thick and is cut from sheet stock. They can be formed like factory pedestals. They don't need to be welded to obtain strength.

Last edited:
Back