• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rock Me!

restore 3

Gunshot 22
Reaction score
The answer has probably been posted 1000 times, Rocker Panels for 78-79 stepside w100? I'm looking for quality and fair price. May I have some good input on this, as I know EVERYONE has/had the Rocker Rust Out Blues at one time or another. Last time i fixed rocker panels I used a full can of bondo and a half a case of sandpaper on my 65 mustang! I was 16 and it was my first car. Hey, plastics were hot in the sixties, just ask "The Graduate"!:thumb:

Last fall I replaced one, I got it from rock auto. Total price was $40, I think it was $30 with $10 shipping. It was made in Taiwan, but it fit great and was finished nicely. I squirted a little primer on it and then painted it, looks good. I got the full length one that extends all the way to the back of the cab. I used an air chisel to cur the old one off and riveted the new one on.

Restore 3, there's no good or bad place really to buy rockers made by one company & one company only The 1st gen (72-93) are the easiest of any to change of any car or truck made. Bikin made it sound easy & it is

Back