• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

repair it or part it out

g-man

Reaction score
i picked up a 1976 d-200 adventurer club cab. tired 400 727 2wd. bottom of the cab is basically gone.rear wheel arches need repair also.it does have the pass side tool box.real nice dash.i could use some ideas.

post some pics if you can give every body a beter idea of what your dealing with

photos will help

i guess i should figure out how to get pics from my i-pod to here. Warning ! the Rust up here in the Peoples Republic of New York is BRUTAL... but seriously it's a nicely equipped truck. i tried to option up my last one but this one is almost what i would have wanted to find. i have a nice 1978 440 to put in place.

i guess i should figure out how to get pics from my i-pod to here. Warning ! the Rust up here in the Peoples Republic of New York is BRUTAL... but seriously it's a nicely equipped truck. i tried to option up my last one but this one is almost what i would have wanted to find. i have a nice 1978 440 to put in place.
Join photobucket free from your computer. Get the e-mail link to your photobucket album you creat. E-mail you pictures to your album. Get on-line to that album...copy the img link for the picture and paste it in your next post.

My inclination is to repair it. Even though it may have heavy rust, still sounds like the basis for a nice truck. With all the repro. sheetmetal availabe, repair is a viable option. And like the old saying goes," they don't make them anymore". So if you part it out, thats one more Dodge truck gone. Do you have the facilities to tackle the job?

thanks for the replies. my girl is helping me set up photo bucket.there are not too many early dodge truck junkies out here.i am trading the carcass of my old d-300 to a rare fellow junkie who has great sheet metal skills. the truck is at my friend's farm... we plant old iron and grow projects.like you i have watched these trucks go to scrap at blinding speed.

Back