• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

"rancho?" brand leaf springs???

bikinkawboy

Reaction score
The front springs on my 4-wheel drive parts truck are aftermarket, part of a lift kit no doubt. I notce a name that is partially obscured, but the first 3 letters are "ran" and the 6th looks like an "o", but 4 and 5 are difficult to make out. Does any of this ring a bell as to a brand name?

I know Rancho makes helper springs but I don't think they make lift springs . Normally when I get lift spring's there's a part number painted on them but not the name of the company . Sorry I couldn't be more help . What is it that your trying to find out anyways ? Just who made the springs ?

I was just curious. I believe the numbr on them is something like 4230. I know they look like something you'd find on the back of a much heavier truck, not a lightweight W100. Five thick leaves, standing on the bumper didn't flex them a bit and when I pulled the engine-tranny-transfer case, they didn't seem to give much with the weight removed. My boy drove the truck home and he said it rode like a log wagon, a regular teeth chatterer. I disassembled them, kept the top leaf with the eyes and replaced the others with thinner, softer leaves from the back of a LeBaron. I'm hoping to get a little more sag to them when I replace the engine and hopefully a softer ride.

Normally the main spring is thick anyways . How much of an arch is in them ? I would think if they came off the back of something that they would be wider and longer then the fronts . Have the perch's been moved ?

No, perches are in the original positions. With no load on them, there is 3" of positive arch between the ends and where the axle attaches. The OEM springs are pretty much level with no load, aren't they? The lift kit the previous owner installed has an extra 3.5-4" on top of the existing block on the rear axle. Having the spring setting on 6-7" of blocks doesn't do it for me. That'll go when I get my D150 converted to a 4-wheel drive. I plan on adding a section to the bottom of the frame and move the spring hangers down so I can do away with the blocks.

That almost sounds like a rough country lift . There's a reason why there called "rough" country . lol

Back