• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Project FALLEN HERO: 88 Ram W150

dusted72

Reaction score
Ok so I started a thread over on the the A-body site but I really think this should be brought over here as well even though the traffic is light maybe one day things will pickup. Get it pickup? Ok enough jokes. So a little background on why this is happening. So on September 1st I got the worst phone call of my adult life to date. My best friend had been killed in Afgahnistan. Now he wasn't just any friend, he was my best friend, mentor, brother, and hero. He was one of the greatest guys I have ever known. We had spent numerous days and nights together doing response calls while on duty. We either rode in my 07 Ram and talked about building his 88 or rode in his 88 and talked about it. We had quite a few awesome memories in that truck. After his death his wife and parents decided that since we were so close that I should have his truck since we had spent so much time talking about the build and knew how he wanted it. So that's what I am gonna do, build it the way we had talked. During our discussions we talked about a few directions for the build so while I have my build plans I have a few different ways to go. We discussed warming over his 318, stroking the 318, amd even a diesel swap. Upgrading the axles rebuilding it all. So I will be building it using ideas that we came up with in our many discussions probably a mix of them all but either way it will be built and will be badass gauranteed. Here are a few pictures of it like it sits. I think I will go back with the original green as it is so cool and unique. It was a New Mexico forestry truck to start its life. IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1777.jpgIMG_1779.jpgIMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

I must have missed your thread over on FABO and will look like it will be a cool build you are doing in your friend's memory.

John

Hey Corey , Sorry again to here about your freind . So that's the truck you told me about . It look's like you got a good solid foundation to work with . Other then the color , what else do you have planed for it ? If you need anything just give me a shout and I'll see what I can do to help you out with it .

Subscribed, here in Afghanistan right now. Not a fun place to be.

So happy to see this thread here Corey, I have been away to long, keep the lite shining for your best friend..... Thank you for everything you do for us.

Back