• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old Dodge, old driver

Picaroon

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 1976 D100 that needs attention. Can anyone point me to a thread on converting the case to part time 4WD?

First off , Welcome to the site "Picaroon" . Now about your question . If it's a "D" 100 then that means it's a 2 wheel drive . So I'm going to assume that it's a "W" 100 and your asking about the T case . I'm also going to assume that it's an automatic that's in your truck . You've got a couple of options . #1 They make a kit for your 203 that will give it a two wheel drive option . You'll have to take the side cover off to do the conversion . It can be done in the truck but I find it easier to pull it out and do it on the bench personally . # 2 You can change the tail shaft and housing on the back of your 727 and swap it with one from an 80's truck . That way you could run a 208 or a 241 T case in your truck . #3 Swap the transmission and T case with one from a 1980 to a 1987 Dodge truck . Or if you think you might want an over drive in it you could swap out a 518 with T case out of an 87 to 93 Dodge Truck . With any of the swaps I mentioned make sure you have the correct drive shafts to go with them . Hope this helps and how about some pictures of that bad boy ?

Back