• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

oil sending unit

joancasti

Reaction score
Thanks to Bear for advice. I am going to try it tomorrow (today 1st in weeks no rain) & none tomorrow But I have a problem, I can't find my manual & I installed engine 11 years ago & gotten older . Could someone tell my what I have to remove to get to switch . .1896 Ram 150 Block is a bored out 318. Thanks

Don't feel bad , I haven't gotten any younger either and I can't remember what advice I gave you . lol But if your trying to get at your oil pressure sending unit . It's in the back of the block next to your distributor . Pull your air cleaner housing and you should see it back there . Do you have a gauge or an idiot light ? There different units . If you have a gauge then with that unit you might be able to get under it with an open end wrench if you don't have a crows foot . Sometimes if there's not enough room for the wrench you have to pull the distributor . If you do then make sure you mark it first and pay attention to where your rotor is pointing .Make a mark for that to . If you've got an idiot light and not a gauge then there's a socket that will fit that unit .

Back