• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New To The Trucks From TN

Yes, we bought it from the guy that bought it in 2005 from Mr. Strope. Still had the same rear tires dated 2003! He said he had never been on a long trip so we left his house and drove home over 2hrs! What more could you give a car than the road?!? It’s their purpose!
I like to get my cars myself, but the last one I had transported, it just worked out better. But I love hitting the road to bring something back. I've learned you have to travel to get that vehicle you want, if it's not in front of you, and it's been worth it every time.

I like to get my cars myself, but the last one I had transported, it just worked out better. But I love hitting the road to bring something back. I've learned you have to travel to get that vehicle you want, if it's not in front of you, and it's been worth it every time.
Your very last statement is why I’m looking across the country... There are a total of 0 Sweptline shortbed 2wd trucks within 300mi of me and the ones outside of that all need rust repaired. I have done a little metal work but I’m not good at it and spend a lot of time trying only to be frustrated because I know how it should come out but I lack the skill set to produce that result... For this time in life I want a solid running platform to enjoy while playing and I just don’t see it here.

So I had decided to try to make it to Pomona after picking up the truck and find a shop that would possibly let me rent a work space for a day. Not having any contacts in that part of the world, I called O’Reilly’s, Auto Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts in Pomona this evening just to see if any of those guys might know of such a place. The best I could come up with was “We’re not supposed to but you could always use our parking lot. No one will run you off...”!! My attempts at yellow pages and the like are coming up empty as well. I was directed to a shop that would complete the work for me but I really wanted us to mess with it. I may have to do a little of both...

Back