• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New guy check in. Got the 1969 Dodge D200 back on the road

Retroman

Reaction score
Christmas Greetings. New guy checking in. I am over from the c bodies forum. This past fall my son and I got our 1969 D200 318 4 speed back on the road. I am really proud of my son as he kept at it and overcame a lot. New floors and running boards, new fuel line (when it was dropped of we smelled gas and it was running poorly. After some investigation we found the hole in the passenger side floor board cut a hole in the fuel line and it was pumping gas right into the cab. So glad I did not have my usual cigar going!). New master cylinder, new carb…filters, new voltage regulator, new rear back up light cups. New horn and horn ring, new dash cluster parts and speedo adjustment, battery, rebuilt driver window regulator and set glass….window rubbers and a coat of penatrol to lock it in and make it shine! He even got the interior light to work. Passed inspection on first go. When they slapped the state inspection on it we slapped a keep on trucking sticker my son bought me as our own approval. We started hauling scrap the next day. It always turns heads and gets waves and smiles. This is my first 318 (have experienced a bunch of 383s), and I am really impressed with it. I was told this was a Colorado State Highway truck. The Orange Crush sticker covers over the very faded state credentials. Still have lots to do and any warm day we push a little more. Keep on trucking. Retroman
890617CD-6BFD-4C9F-BA60-5CE5477CC351.jpeg

Congratulations! Looks awsome, father son projects are the best, BTW your parking looks tight, lol how about a few more pics.

Welcome aboard & Nice Truck! As requested, more pics would be nice. I have known people who got over 300,000 miles out of a 318 and 500,000 over the road. I had an 82 Ramcharger 4x4 with a 318 4 speed that I bought way back in 1989 and it was 7 years old then. I had it for 23 years! In all that time, I only gave it one complete tune-up! I then gave it to my brother who still has it. It is a little rusty now but it still runs great! Best of luck! 👍

1672389019513.jpeg

Last edited:
Back