• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

making my 91 dak faster

derrick19

Reaction score
hi, im derrick mccormick and i was trying to figure out how i can make my 5.2ltr 318 v8 faster. so what should i do to make this happen. please help!!!!!:help:

some things you can do is add headers, remove engine driven fan and put in electric ones, and so on

^that plus, heads, cam, throttle body, CAI, Mopar PCM, higher compression pistons, stroker kit, depends on how far you want to go into the engine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help adding the parts don't sound to hard too do, if you know what your doing, but anyways thanks for the help guys.

on so now im wondering how much trouble would it be to switch my 91 dak from auto to a manual trans and also what would be the cheapest but good performance trans.

performance mods 101 , induction Throttle Body or Carburetor, different aluminum performance intake & ported cylinder heads with a multi angle performance type valve job, with all the appropriate spring retainers locks & seal {probably the single best improvement}, carb spacer or TB swirl spacer, some longer ratio rocker arms {will effectively act like a bigger camshaft}, different camshaft with higher gross valve lift & more duration, free flowing air cleaner like a K&N X-Treem if it's carbureted, or an air box & K&N Gauze filter & intake tube if it's TB/EFI, also a set of truck shorty headers, a Cat-back larger free flowing exhaust system, computer chip or flash programmer... The engine is just a big air pump what goes in must come out... Hotter ignition, hotter coil, ultra low ohm resistance spark plug wires, better fuel pump, better oil pump, better cooling, cool dense air into the carb/TB {keep the under-hood heat out of the intake charge & keep the fuel cool}... any combination of these will help a ton.... contact Mancini Racing

Back