• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lowering 74 D100

I've never heard of using Dakota spindles to lower a truck of your particular year. Plenty of threads on this forum that say using Van lower control arms on a pickup lowers the front about 3".

The van lowers (from the 80's) will lower them but not 3 inches, maybe 2. There is a pocket for the spring to sit in on those lowers rather than on top like the pickups have (and 70's vans).

Also an easy way to drop the rear is an axle from a mid to late C-body. Same axle as a pickup but spring under rather than spring over, and always the awesome 9 1/4 axle!

Why is everyone so interested in "lowering" their trucks? It's getting over done

I am guessing they just cannot leave well enough alone. Yes, what can we screwup today.

If I want a lowered truck, I'll drive a Dakota :D Have two but my 97 2500 diesel has 32's on it. Sorry I kain't help. Can cut the front coils and do the axle flip deal on the 74 but this is the first time to hear about using Dakota spindles on a 70's truck. Thought about cutting the coils on my 74 when I had it but never did....

Back