• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Losing my mind and need help

KSully215

Reaction score
Good morning all. I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I have a 2015 silverado. I have been having an issue with the truck shaking severely when I get to 60mph.
I have had it looked at countless times. Was first told balance...nope. Then U-joints.....nope. Then tires......nope. Then rear axel......nope. Then was told it was from my side boxes being loose and catching wind. Took them off....nope.
I am almost $6,000.00 in on repairs and yet still nothing and mechanic can not figure it out. Any ideas would be usefull please

Have you run any engine diagnostics? I have a vehicle that has a horrible shake when it goes into final drive after it's warmed up. I know the engine is not running right, missing on one or two cylinders, but it's going away, so I don't care. Everything else is fine drivetrain wise, but it'll shake the hell out of that car!

You need to stop throwing Darts at the dart board. Diagnose it first. get it to the speed when it shakes - pop it in neutral- does it change? Is the vibration in the seat or in the steering or both? you can balance a football, but it does NOT roll very well. Find someone with a "hunter Brand" load force balancer that knows how to use it. this machine can find tires that have broken or bad internal belts, bent wheels, out of round tires and so on. is it worse with cold tires? As tires with Nylon in them will be. Look for a bent drive shaft, use a 6ft level as a straight edge, Broken springs? Before you spend more money will the shop guarantee that what they diagnose to be the problem will actually fix the problem. If they will not then they are also throwing darts, but maybe they aren't even throwing them at the proper dart board. Got a friend with a similar truck where you can swap tires, and other stuff from their truck to yours. It takes time but you need to isolate what is causing it so it can be corrected. very hard to diagnose via a computer.

Did you get this figured out? What engine and trans? The 6 speeds will often develop torque converter shudder, and the converter usually starts making metal as it fails wiping out the rest of the trans. We have changed many of them

Back