• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Little Rhode Island Mopar

DART VADER

Reaction score
Hi all. Been a Mopar man for decades. I'm a member on A & B Bodies. Now I have a truck project. ( A little unusual but a truck project non the less.)

Welcome aboard from NJ. What kind of truck project are you working on? Pictures are always appreciated!

If you stand on the shore at the northwest corner of Tiverton, right on the Mass/RI line, and look NW across Mount Hope Bay, three miles away you'll see the low silhouette of Touisset Point. Almost 77 years back my parents lived in a tiny house on Touisset Pt. I was raised there for three years. We'd go back for visits in later years. When I was about eight, Dad and I would sometimes paddle a canoe out into Mount Hope bay, down to Spar Island to dig quahaugs. As I recall, that was about half way to Tiverton. We'd take the quahaugs home and Mom would eat them RAW. I accused her of cannibalism. It's been 62 years since I was in RI, except for the funerals of my parents. But I still remember it.

I just joined this forum today, too. I guess we can welcome each other.

Back