• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

lil red shop manual

shortbox

Reaction score
Looking for a good place to get a service manual for a 79. Is the dodge one the best or are there others?

If there's any way you can get a factory shop manual, that's the way to go. I'd check ebay for OEM manuals or CD reprints and I know there are websites where you can download manuals for a fee. I have the Dodge factory manuals for the 72-73s and they are very complete, as is the factory Caravan CD manual. I also have factory manuals for my Kawasaki bikes and with the exception of some Japanses-English translation boo-boos, they too are very good. And then I have the Clymer, Chilton and Haynes manuals and while pretty thorough on some subjects, in other areas they are absolutely worthless. The absolute most thorough manual I have is an old Studebaker factory manual. There isn't anything it doesn't tell you, even how to disassemble the door lock cylinders.

SAM_3382.jpgI buy mine from Blackhatauctions on Ebay & they are great to deal with There's nothing like having the book from the factory to refer to
Here's a couple I use a lot from time to time from the bunch of them that I have

SAM_3382.jpg

Back