• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is there any ryme or reason Dodge used 2 round, 2 square or 4 square headlites

Tim Ziegler

Reaction score
I don't see any consistancy from 78 through 89. It seems you could get 2 square, 4 square or 2 round any year

It was option NE5.

From 81-89 all trucks were 2 square headlamp systems only.

I don't see any consistancy from 78 through 89. It seems you could get 2 square, 4 square or 2 round any year
Not sure of years but Federal law said single 7" or dual 5 3/4 headlights were only ones allowed- changed sometime... whenever square or rectangular ones began

the 79-80 trucks were the only pickups that had a choice of 2 or 4 headlites but the vans were that way til 85. I think the 2 round lite setup looked the best.

The 2 year ''choice'' makes it interesting. As far as ram air tubes and the pick ups, I think 81, 82, 83 and 84 the hose from the air cleaner snout goes to the pass side and 85 on the hose goes to the drivers side if one cares about such trivia

The 2 year ''choice'' makes it interesting. As far as ram air tubes and the pick ups, I think 81, 82, 83 and 84 the hose from the air cleaner snout goes to the pass side and 85 on the hose goes to the drivers side if one cares about such trivia
Some one will disagree with that some day. I stuck one on the drivers side on my 82. Still do not have the dual snorkels hooked up. Still lacking the drivers side snorkel adapter.

Back