• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

is air dam a benefit

RangerRick

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Dodge ram 1500 4X4 hemi TRX, is the front lower air dam of any benefit, I think it would look better without it.

Good Question I hope someone adds in there opinion. I am getting a Shelby Dakota with one and it's susposed to help.

I have a 2006 Dodge ram 1500 4X4 hemi TRX, is the front lower air dam of any benefit, I think it would look better without it.

I have the same truck my guess its more of a guard to keep rocks and other stuff from coming up into the radiator area. It may serve as some sort aerodynamics but might be only something you would notice going down the freeway. Probably just like the plastic spoiler they started putting on the tailgate in 06 more for looks than anything.

Is this a chin spoiler or that black plastic that mounts under the core support? The latter helps direct air to the radiator, while the chin spoiler is cosmetic.

its that black plastic on the lower part of the bumper that wraps all the way around, some say it help mpg and cooling others say no. not sure who is correct.

Back