• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

INtroducing New Member: Shake

Shake

Reaction score
I'm a husband and father of two. I enjoy working on cars and want to get my son and daughter into it as well, anything to keep them from watching TV all day. I need to pick up a project truck that we can work on. I have had every body style of Ford and Chevy trucks so I was leaning towards a square body Chevy with a built 350 but I was looking at some old photos and remembered when my dad had a 78 Dodge D100 and thought that would be a fun project. I know nothing about Dodge power trains but I'm thinking a 380 would suit my project needs nice and decided to join a forum to bounce some ideas off people.

This is almost the exact truck my dad had...
IMG_0125_zpsxh7uyqsq.jpg

Hello from Minnesota! I think you meant to say a 360 would be a good engine. Correct, it would be fine. I've had them in a few vehicles and the are great.

Last edited:
Welcome from NJ. You can't go wrong with a Dodge. Also you can't go wrong being a Devils fan and appreciating a nice cold beer!

Welcome from NJ. You can't go wrong with a Dodge. Also you can't go wrong being a Devils fan and appreciating a nice cold beer!
Thanks man! Huge Hall fan here, glad the devils picked him up! Nervous about the Dodge, I've know Mopar people growing up but have always bloodied my knuckles on chevy 350's, even had a stroked 383 but hell might as well jump on the Dodge train.

Welcome from Massachusetts Shake . I'd go with the Dodge myself , alllllll day long , but I might be just a lil on bias . lol

Back