• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

INtroducing New Member: pw Dave

pw Dave

Reaction score
I am retired and finally have the time to work on my stuff. am building a 64 belvedere w/ a 509 rb, my first love for the last 9 yrs has been a 1958 flat fender power wagon w/ two one barrels on a tattersfield intake, exausts thru a pair of repop fentons, increases my top speed to 43 mph. current record is 14 cars piled up behind me going to work in the morning, all the women of course cursing and pulling their hair out, LOL pwDave

Hello from Minnesota. I demand to see pics of that Power Wagon! The Belvedere should be included also. But back to the PW, I could have gotten one last year but was a tow truck with homemade rigging. Had a complete cab, good, grille and fenders but I passed. As much as I want one I have too much on my plate and nowhere near enough storage. Now I wish I purchased it. But I knew what was involved in bringing it back to life, I could easily build my fleet of 3 for the same amount. Ughhhh, they are just too cool! Enjoy your retirement and the Power Wagon!

I'll see if I can get the wife to help me get a pic or two posted up. last time it snowed here I got up and went to work one morn, went 12-15 mi before I figured out that I had forgot to lock in the hubs!! just a little over 10" on the ground, beast of a truck, 13.8" from the low point of the diff's. fun fun fun. pwDave

How many miles are put on the PW each year? I'm glad you drive it, too many people are looking at them as investments.

Welcome from Massachusetts Dave ! Pictures of both "please" . :)

LocuMob, the old truck only sees about 2500 mi. a year now, when I first got it I was putting on about 7500 to 8500 mi. a year. I still let the old girl work ever once in a while, year ago brought home 5960 lbs. of sand on the back, guy at the gravel yard looked at me kinda funny, he asked how much? I said fill 'er up!!! rear dropped 3", drove home with no issues! beast of a truck, rear spring packs are 3/8s thick each and 14 leaves deep. old truck is clumsey and hard to deal with on black top, BUT,, in the rough the old girl turns into a ballarina w/ a ton of grace and class. if everyone had a flat fender power wagon, there would be NO wrecks caused by some dummy trying to text and drive at the same time!! no: ps,pb,pw plus manual trans, no cup holders, and no place to plug in your charger, lol. pwDave

Thats more mileage than I put on my car, but I don't have far to drive for most things, just go for cruises.

Welcome aboard from New Jersey. I agree with the others here that pictures are sorely needed. The picture making in my head can be distorted at times.:)

Welcome aboard pw Dave
I see you are from Kentucky?
"God's country"
Thanks for joining the forum!

Back