• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

how to find year of Dodge truck

post it up, Id bet someone could narrow it down. you have a clue as to what decade it was from, at least?

yes, it has a serial number of #8488641, thought to be around a 1946 ? the model is T537 and I got this from a metal plate on right side of cab in between the door hinges

Serial # for my Dodge pickup is #83388xxx (lower than yours) and it is a 1953 model. Mine is from the "B" series of trucks that were built from 1948 to 1953. Your best bet would be to post a photo of the truck which will allow members to help you identify your truck.

it looks like a 1946 in the pictures, however the model is T537, i cant seem to find anything that this the serial number in order to show the years and how many made...

also you show an 8 digit serial number, mine is 7, i find pictures in the different book showing my info plate and they all say it went to the left side in middle of 1946, mine is still on right side...

Pictures would help, they are worth a thousand words. Plus we all like visuals.

also you show an 8 digit serial number, mine is 7, i find pictures in the different book showing my info plate and they all say it went to the left side in middle of 1946, mine is still on right side...
Ahhhh, you are absolutely correct. Sorry, I didn't pick up on the 7 versus 8 digit serial number difference. That would certainly tend to support your thoughts on it being a '46. That earlier series truck looks considerably different than the "B" series like mine. Still, would love to see a photo or two of yours. 👍

Back