• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with replacing salted/rusted parts

noahsark

Reaction score
So I bought a 2010 Silverado a couple months ago and I’m from SC so I wasn’t expecting or used to the amount of rust that has come with it due to lack of care during the winter season up here in New England. I’ve sprayed some anti-corrosion stuff on most of the undercarriage to hopefully prevent anymore decay so now I’m looking to slowly begin replacing stuff. Has anyone had the same experience or can anyone lend any advice as to where I should begin? I should probably have begun by saying I love my truck and there’s nothing that needs urgent attention (tommy knowledge). Thanks y’all.

Start with a thorough cleaning of the frame and suspension parts and then epoxy paint the heck out of it.

I live in the rust belt and deal with this everyday at work. When it is time to do repairs and the nuts and bolts are rusted..... penetrating oil, chasing threads, impact gun, air hammer and torch are your friends. Any place where dissimilar metals contact there is usually corrosion, wheel bearings in spindles, etc... Like 7mopar said clean what you can and protect it with a epoxy or rust preventive.

Back