• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

gas tank vent

fossilrider

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the bed off my '78 W150 Power Wagon to replace the gas sending unit and the wood in the bed. I thought about using "plastic" deck boards but after reading a few posts have decided to go with oak instead. But, I have veered off topic, sorry. The question I need to ask here is, where can I find a gas tank vent valve and grommet for my under-bed plastic tank? I have looked on ebay, with no luck and my local parts store can't get it. Thanks for any suggestions. Steve

Hi Gremlin, no I haven't even thought about them for something like this, but I will check it out. I am about to start restoring a '59 Chevy Apache and plan to get the body parts from them, but really hadn't thought about them for this kind of stuff. Thanks, Steve (Fossil)

You can about buy the whole Apache from them. The price tags are scarry but so are shop prices. Have you checked Year One for the tank valve? I was not even aware there was one.

Yeah I need a hood and am looking at about $800,plus several patches and smaller parts. But I'm not really into rat rods so will have to bite the bullet. I will try year one. I have the plastic under bed tank that is stock and figure it would be crazy to not replace this while the bed is off, since it can't be done with it on. The valve might be ok but the grommet is suspect so I will do both and hopefully never have to take the bed off again. Thanks again guys.

I just went thru months of searching for a filler hose and the grommet on my 77 d100 stepside. Could not find grommet and had to buy a used filler hose. Ended up super glueing the old grommet back together.I say if its not broke, better let it be.

I read somewhere a guy used a valve stem from a rim,I think it might work,he cut off th top of the stem and with some WD 40 worked it in,if you still have the curved metal piece it would work,if not you could use a piece of brake line and use it that way,or you could get the stem to come up through the tank and just clamp th hose to it.

Back