• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Frame Swap?

JGC403

Reaction score
I would like to get a 1965 D100 project. I don't know to much about them, but from what little I have found out about them I don't think there is much new parts or aftermarket support for them.

Would there be an advantage to transplanting the body from one of these trucks to a newer frame?

If so what would be a good frame to get? 1980's-93 or 1994-2001?

I am not that familiar with what the 65's have but I have a 42 that I am going to frame swap. The advantages for me are a heavier frame I won't have to box in, updated suspension and steering and suspension components. Also the engine and tranny I plan on using will bolt right into place in the frame I am using. So all the fabrications I will have to do will be getting the 42 body to sit on the newer model frame. Which in my opinion is the cheaper way. I paid $575 for a parts truck there is enough decent parts on it I should be able to make most of that back. For a drop in mustang II front end your looking at $1500-2000 and I am not even sure if that includes everything you really need or not. Also the truck I am using the frame from is a 94 you can still go into any auto parts store and get parts for easy, and plus there will be aftermarket parts available as well.

Yea that is what I was thinking of is having the advantage of being able to go to a parts store and getting any suspension part that maybe needed.

Back