• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

First Timer - Advice Wanted

kickntires

Reaction score
This one has been for sale for a while near me. Price has been reduced quite a bit. Wondering what some experts can see that I won't. Very tempted to get this and do a 440 swap. Just a cruiser no racing.

I'm a welder/fitter but don't really have any automotive body experience. I've replaced just about every component / part on a car at least once but never have done restoration. I'm trying to figure out why nobody is buying it. If it's just the floors rockers and fender I think I should be able to handle it. What do you guys see?

Screenshot_20201204-061734_Kijiji Autos.jpg

Screenshot_20201204-061751_Kijiji Autos.jpg

Screenshot_20201204-061758_Kijiji Autos.jpg

Screenshot_20201204-061816_Kijiji Autos.jpg

Resized_20201115_152938.jpg

Looks like a decent project, hood, doors and seat in the bed? Close up pic's would help more

If you can weld/ fabricate, you can fix it...or just about anything is it comes down to it.

The key is if it is complete...Swepty parts are harder and harder to find.

If you can weld/ fabricate, you can fix it...or just about anything is it comes down to it.

The key is if it is complete...Swepty parts are harder and harder to find.

Guy claims ita complete but its in pieces. I can fit / weld anything if I'm given the reference points and dinensions to use. I think someone may have bought it the ad seems to be gone. It's been up for sale a long time but in the last few weeks he has brought the price down almost 50%. I'll call him toward the weekend. Just skeptical I may be diving in above my head. It's a little bit scary not having a complete in tact one to compare to. I'm sure I have the ability just not necessarily the knowledge or experience to easily take something like this on. Or maybe I've allowed myself to be scared of nothing.

He had it at $5000 Canadian for quite a while which I thought was high. Then it was lowered $500 every week until it was at $3000.

I thought I'd go for it at around $2-2500 but am also a little afraid of taking on this level of project the first time around. Better wait till I have a bigger budget saved.

Looking for something to do a simple 440 cruiser swap. Nothing racey just want that mopar big block sound and torque. Thought a d200 would be perfect...

If it ran the way it was that price may not have been to bad.. But like said parts can add up fast and some are hard to find for these.

Back