• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

First post and questions

dodgeelder13

Reaction score
Hey this is my first time posting, I’ve got a 90 d-150 with a magnum 5.2 having a hard time finding a casting date and the transmission is acting funky I replaced the kickdown cable and now the shifts are extremely hard and I haft to let off to get it to shift half the time. And it keeps shifting in and out of overdrive constantly unless I’m going over 75 on the highway is there any adjustment for cable?

Never adjusted a cable. Who's cable is it? Is the wire plugged in at the speed sensor?
Transmission ID is located on the case drivers side, in the front just above the pan.

Never adjusted a cable. Who's cable is it? Is the wire plugged in at the speed sensor?
Transmission ID is located on the case drivers side, in the front just above the pan.
I adjusted the cable and now it’s shifts much better. It is a cheap orileys cable it’s identical to the one I took off just isn’t zip tied to the tb anymore. But I get the truck magnum swaped already and I think the speed sensor it tied into the factory 90 harness I’m not sure tho I’d haft to look. I’m only 17 and I haven’t really messed with the magnums too much all I’ve messed with is sb(LA) and bb mopars

Back